Saint AIX 2020 Provence Rosé
- Provence Rose
- France, 750ml
"The nose is gently full and elegant; aromas of subtle strawberries, peaches, citrus interweave white spice and floral fragrance. Medium-bodied, a textural palate with fine-phenolics, displaying aromas of strawberries, peaches, citrus and zest melded with subtle white flowers and spices. The wine is clean and refreshing with a chalky texture; acidity drives to a dry, elegant finish. This is an elegantly classic Provence Rosé as one would expect, dry and refreshing with subtle finesse." Candice Chow
- Winery: Maison Saint AIX
- Varietal: Rosé - Grenache, Syrah, Cinsult
- Region: Provence, France
- Vintage: 2020
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Food pairing: Light seafood; salads; light pastas & rice dishes; grilled chicken & fish with herbs
AIX Rosé is made in the Provence region of France, just an hour North-East from the historical city of Aix-en-Provence. The Provence region is known for making the best rosés in the world. From the renowned appellation 'AOP Coteaux d'Aix en Provence', AIX nurtures its heritage and has a passion and dedication to make the best Provence Rosé possible.
One of the largest domains in the famous AOP Coteaux d'Aix-en-Provence. The 135 years old winery of Maison Saint Aix is situated in the south of France, just an hour north-east of Aix-en-Provence. With 75ha of vineyard, Maison Saint Aix is one of the largest domains in the famous AOP Coteaux d’Aix-en-Provence. Situated on a plateau at an altitude of 420m above sea level. At this special place, the makers of AIX Rosé are working year after year with passion and dedication to create the wonderful AIX Rosé.
Location is crucial and conditions in Provence are perfect for making beautiful wine. From mineral rich soils to an ideal elevation; from warm days and cool nights to mistral winds that dry vines on dewy mornings, the AOP Coteaux d’Aix-en-Provence was made for harvesting the indefectible blend of Grenache, Syrah and Cinsault that combine to build the rich, spicy notes of AIX Rosé.
Every year over 4 hectares of vineyard are replanted, mainly Grenache and Syrah. Hectares of old vines have been ripped from the northern clay and calcareous soil of the estate and replaced with young stock. The vat house has also been reorganised and the cellar renovated. New harvesting machines, pneumatic presses and temperature controlled stainless steel tanks have been introduced.
Hard work and significant investments contributed to the creation of AIX, but it was the passion and promise to favour quality above all that has made the dream of this beautiful rosé a reality for wine lovers the world over.
- Gold - 2020 International Wine Challenge, Vienna
- Gold - 2021 Gilbert & Gaillard International Challenge
- 94/100 Points - Candice Chow, Raymond Chan Wine Reviews
- 93/100 Points & 5 Stars - Sam Kim, Wine Orbit
- 4 Stars - Huon Hooke, The Real Review
- 90/100 Points - Wine Enthusiast (2019 vintage)
- 5 Stars & 93 Points - Sam Kim (2018 vintage)
- Gold - Mondial Du Rose Cannes (vintage 2017)
- 93/100 Points - Huone Hooke, Real Review - Wine of the Week (vintage 2017)
- 93/100 Points - Sam Kim, Wine Orbit (vintage 2017)
- 18.5/20 Points - Raymond Chan (vintage 2017)
Adding product to your cart