Amisfield RKV Reserve Pinot Noir 2016
- Pinot Noir
- New Zealand, 750ml
Generous layers of complexity with a defined savoury character of coffee and liquorice, this is balanced by Black Doris Plums and liquored cherries. The tannins are fine grained with a soft, silky palate.
- Winery: Amisfield
- Varietal: Pinot Noir
- Region: Central Otago, New Zealand
- Vintage: 2016
- Alcohol: 14%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Other: Certified Organic, Sustainable Winegrowing
- Food pairing: Chicken & duck; lamb & mild sausage; tuna & salmon; mushroom risotto; mushroom & light-medium red sauces; brie & goats cheese
"Complex, and enticing bouquet of Pinot Noir. Aromas and flavours of baking spices, wood spices, toasty oak, soft dried herb and a core of red berry fruits. Dry on the palate with chalky and dusty tannins, medium+ acidity and flavours of dark cherry and baked raspberry, clove and vanilla spices. Complex lengthy finish. A delightful complex wine that will continue to age for several years." Cameron Douglas
The vines for RKV are grown on a north and south facing Rocky Knoll within Amisfield Estate, where the Lochar soils are gravelly with a very thin layer of loose sandy loam, that naturally produces smaller berries and lower yields.
Amisfield was established in 1988, a Central Otago based specialist producer of Pinot Noir and aromatic white wines created from fruit grown on the estate vineyard beneath the Pisa Mountain range in the Cromwell Basin. This privately owned company's 200ha property, once a prominent high country Merino station, is one of the largest single vineyard estates in the Central Otago region. Over 80ha is currently planted with the majority of the vines being over ten years old. A state-of-the-art purpose built winery is the focal point of the vineyard and produces 20,000-30,000 cases of wine annually. Pinot Noir accounts for over 60% of the production with the balance made up of Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris and Riesling.
- 5 Stars - The Real Review (2016 vintage)
- 92+/100 Points - Parker's Wine Advocate, Joe Czerwinski (2016 vintage)
- 5 Stars - The Real Review (2015 vintage)
- 96/100 Points - Cameron Douglas MS (2015 vintage)
- 5 Stars - The Real Review (2014 vintage)
- 5 Stars - The Real Review (2013 vintage)
Adding product to your cart