Ata Rangi Celebre 2019
- Merlot, Syrah, Cabernets
- New Zealand, 750ml
Inviting aromas of blueberries, juicy boysenberries and hints of blackcurrant follow through to a vibrant palate with fine, supple tannins supporting the fruit. A long and silky finish completes this remarkably elegant and already complete wine. Celebre is a blend of Merlot, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc.
- Winery: Ata Rangi
- Varietal: Merlot, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Cabernet Franc
- Region: Martinborough, New Zealand
- Vintage: 2019
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Other: Sustainable Winegrowing, at its best now to 2033
- Food pairing: Grilled meats & hamburgers; spaghetti Bolognese; pizza; mushrooms & onions; Parmesan
The 2019 Célèbre is a blend of Merlot 45%, Syrah 40% and small portions of Malbec 10% and Cabernet Franc at 5%. This is a wonderful release of Célèbre, the significant vine age of 30 years and over, contribute to the concentration and complexity of this wine. Impressive on release, this wine will continue to evolve further and reward cellaring.
"Wonderfully fruited and seductively styled, showing dark berry, clove, cedary oak and a hint of dried herb notes on the nose. The palate displays excellent weight and flow together with refined mouthfeel and fleshy texture, leading to a lengthy silky finish. Beautifully composed and harmonious." Sam Kim, Wine Orbit
Ata Rangi, meaning "dawn sky" or "new beginning" is a small family owned New Zealand winery, located at the Southern end of the North Island. With a big reputation for serious Pinot Noir, founder and patriarch Clive Paton planted his first vines in 1980 and was one of four pioneer winemakers in the Martinborough area.
Alongside Clive, the vineyard is also owned and managed by Clive’s wife Phyll, and sister Alison. The talented trio, together with dynamic winemaker Helen Masters, have made Ata Rangi known for their flagship wine, Pinot Noir. In 2010, this wine was honoured with the inaugural Tipuranga Teitei o Aotearoa or "Grand Cru of New Zealand".
- 93/100 Points - Bob Campbell, The Real Review (2019 vintage)
- 95/100 Points - Sam Kim, Wine Orbit (2019 vintage)
- 5 Stars & 95/100 Points - Bob Campbell MW, The Real Review (2018 vintage)
- 94/100 Points & Excellent - Cam Douglas MS (2018 vintage)
- 95/100 Points - Bob Campbell MW, The Real Review (2016 vintage)
- 95/100 Points - Gourmet Traveller Wine (2016 vintage)
- 93/100 Points - Nick Stock, James Suckling (2016 vintage)
Adding product to your cart