Astrolabe Awatere Valley SB 2019
- Sauvignon Blanc
- New Zealand, 750ml
“Full of youthful impact, the vigorous 2019 vintage is a classic sub-regional style. Light lemon/green, it is intensely varietal, with penetrating melon and green capsicum flavours, pure and delicate, and a crisp, fully dry, long finish.” Michael Cooper
- Winery: Astrolabe
- Varietal: Sauvignon Blanc
- Region: Awatere Valley, New Zealand
- Vintage: 2019
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
Food pairing: Chicken, turkey; white fish, shrimp, lobster; feta & goat cheeses; citrus & light cream sauces.
A superb example of Awatere Sauvignon from Marlborough's expert in white varieties.
Astrolabe was created in 1996 by winemaker Simon Waghorn, the culmination of a career that began in South Australia in 1982. Winemaking later led Simon and his family from Te Kauwhata to Gisborne, where he specialised in Chardonnay, and eventually to Marlborough where in 1996 he and his wife Jane Forrest-Waghorn joined with old friends Paul Davenport and Sally Lewis to have a go at their own label…and so began Astrolabe.
Today they work with a number of growers scattered all over Marlborough, from Awatere Valley to the Kekerengu Coast to the Wairau Valley, developing a wide portfolio of iconic wines that celebrate the varieties and terroirs of Marlborough.
- 95/100 Points - Bob Campbell MW, The Real Review
- 5 Stars - Michael Coopers Buyer’s Guide 2020
- 94/100 Points - Cameron Douglas
- 92/100 Points - Cameron Douglas (2018 vintage)
- 92/100 Points - Bob Campbell MW (2018 vintage)
- 4.5 Stars Points - Michael Cooper (2018 vintage)
Adding product to your cart