Astrolabe Comelybank Rosé 2021
- Pinot Noir Rose
- New Zealand, 750ml
”2021s fine vintage is reflected in the bouquet of this rosé with aromas of ripe and concentrated red berries, tropical fruit punch, peaches and grapefruit. It is equally floral with a fine mineral and light lees complexity. On the palate - youthful, fresh, crisp, refreshing and dry. The core flavours reflect the nose with a touch more citrus emphasised with fine fruit tannins, plenty of acidity and persistent finish. Balanced, well made and ready for drinking" Cameron Douglas MS
- Winery: Astrolabe
- Varietal: Pinot Noir 55%, Pinot Gris 45%
- Region: Waihopai Valley, New Zealand
- Vintage: 2021
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Other: Vegan-friendly, Sustainably certified SWNZ
- Food match: Excellent as an aperitif or with charcuterie, prawn cocktail, grilled halloumi and blistered shishito or Padrón peppers.
“Already delicious, the 2021 vintage (4.5*) is a blend of Pinot Noir (55 per cent) and Pinot Gris (45 per cent), grown in the Awatere Valley (87 per cent) and at Kekerengu (13 per cent). Pale pink, it is mouthfilling, with vibrant strawberry, peach and spice flavours, showing excellent delicacy and depth, and a smooth, fully dry finish.” Michael Cooper
The Astrolabe Comelybank Vineyard Pinot Rosé is made from pinot noir and pinot gris grapes from a single vineyard in the Waihopai valley. Jeff and Vanessa Hammond grew the grapes for this wine at their vineyard in Marlborough’s Southern Valleys wine region.
Astrolabe was created in 1996 by winemaker Simon Waghorn, the culmination of a career that began in South Australia in 1982. Winemaking later led Simon and his family from Te Kauwhata to Gisborne, where he specialised in Chardonnay, and eventually to Marlborough where in 1996 he and his wife Jane Forrest-Waghorn joined with old friends Paul Davenport and Sally Lewis to have a go at their own label…and so began Astrolabe. Today they work with a number of growers scattered all over Marlborough, from Awatere valley to the Kekerengu coast to the Wairau Valley, developing a wide portfolio of iconic wines that celebrate the varieties and terroirs of Marlborough.
- 93/100 Points - Cameron Douglas MS (2021 vintage)
- 4.5 Stars - 2022 Michael Cooper's Buyers Guide (2021 vintage)
- 91/100 Points - Bob Campbell MW (2020 vintage)
- 90 / 100 Points by Cameron Douglas (2019 vintage)
- 5 Stars by Michael Cooper (2019 Vintage)
Adding product to your cart