Ata Rangi Celebre 2018
- Merlot, Syrah, Cabernets
- New Zealand, 750ml
Inviting aromas of blueberries, juicy boysenberries and hints of blackcurrant follow through to a vibrant palate with fine, supple tannins supporting the fruit. A long and silky finish completes this remarkably elegant and already complete wine.
- Winery: Ata Rangi
- Varietal: Merlot, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc
- Region: Martinborough, New Zealand
- Vintage: 2018
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Food pairing: Grilled meats & hamburgers; spaghetti Bolognese; pizza; mushrooms & onions; Parmesan
"Aromas of a complex and detailed wine with suggestions of plums and spice, dark olive and black berry, there’s a lovely floral scent adding a top-line of freshness then an earthy mineral and various shades of oak. On the palate - youthful, tense, vibrant and persistent. There’s power from the tannins and alcohol, medium+ acidity and a decent oak structure. The fruit provides the core with a persistent thread throughout the palate. Youthful, well made and long." Cam Douglas
Ata Rangi, meaning "dawn sky" or "new beginning" is a small family owned New Zealand winery, located at the Southern end of the North Island. With a big reputation for serious Pinot Noir, founder and patriarch Clive Paton planted his first vines in 1980 and was one of four pioneer winemakers in the Martinborough area.
Alongside Clive, the vineyard is also owned and managed by Clive’s wife Phyll, and sister Alison. The talented trio, together with dynamic winemaker Helen Masters, have made Ata Rangi known for their flagship wine, Pinot Noir. In 2010, this wine was honoured with the inaugural Tipuranga Teitei o Aotearoa or "Grand Cru of New Zealand".
- 5 Stars & 95/100 Points - Bob Campbell MW, The Real Review
- 94/100 Points & Excellent - Cam Douglas MS
- 95/100 Points - Bob Campbell MW, The Real Review (2016 vintage)
- 95/100 Points - Gourmet Traveller Wine (2016 vintage)
- 93/100 Points - Nick Stock, James Suckling (2016 vintage)
Adding product to your cart