Blank Canvas Escaroth 2017
- Pinot Noir
- New Zealand, 750ml
"Delicious pinot noir with violet, wild flowers, sweet dark cherry, raspberry and spicy oak flavours. An ethereal, silken texture is even more impressive than the wines appealing and complex aromatics. Dangerously accessible now." Bob Campbell MW
- Winery: Blank Canvas - Escaroth
- Varietal: Pinot Noir
- Region: Marlborough, New Zealand
- Vintage: 2017
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Other: Vegan-friendly, sustainable wine growing NZSW, contains sulphites
- Food pairing: Chicken & duck; lamb & mild sausage; tuna & salmon; mushroom risotto; mushroom & light-medium red sauces; brie & goats cheese
Escaroth is tucked away in the Southern Valley’s Taylor Pass in Marlborough. It is a site that truly reflects vintage variation with this inaugural release displaying the perfume and delicacy of the year, whilst retaining its innate muscular tannin structure that ensures it will age even better than Keith Richards.
From Marlborough and Hawkes Bay, New Zealand, Blank Canvas embodies the story of husband and wife team; international wine-making consultant Matt Thomson, and solicitor turned Master of Wine student Sophie Parker-Thomson.
Their collective goal is to create distinctive small-batch, single vineyard wines that reflect the best sub-regional sites in New Zealand. Their approach is minimalist, treading a path that incorporates both tradition and innovation, embracing both science and artistry.
Wines made without recipes, Blank Canvas is about pushing boundaries, taking risks and using creative license to create wines that are different, distinctive and sincere.
- 95/100 Points & 5 Stars - Gourmet Traveller Wine
- 96/100 Points - Cameron Douglas MS
- 95/100 Points - Bob Campbell MW
Adding product to your cart