Blank Canvas Escaroth 2018 Pinot Noir
- Pinot Noir
- New Zealand, 750ml
A single vineyard expression presenting a complex, pure, intriguing and perfumed bouquet. Light red berry fruits, red apple skin and scents of place with aromas of fine silty clay and sand minerals then complexity from judicious use of oak with light brown kitchen spices followed by aromas of mild toasty barrel and savoury dried herb layer. Equally complex on the palate, tense and youthful with firm textures and velvet mouthfeel from tannins and acidity. Savoury with a core of fruit and flavours that reflect the bouquet. A fine wine with power and finesse, complexity and length.
- Winery: Blank Canvas - Escaroth
- Varietal: Pinot Noir
- Region: Marlborough, New Zealand
- Vintage: 2018
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Other: Vegan-friendly, sustainable wine growing NZSW
- Food pairing: Chicken & duck; lamb & mild sausage; tuna & salmon; mushroom risotto; mushroom & light-medium red sauces; brie & goats cheese
Escaroth is tucked away in the Southern Valley’s Taylor Pass in Marlborough. It is a site that truly reflects vintage variation with this inaugural release displaying the perfume and delicacy of the year, whilst retaining its innate muscular tannin structure that ensures it will age even better than Keith Richards.
From Marlborough and Hawkes Bay, New Zealand, Blank Canvas embodies the story of husband and wife team; international wine-making consultant Matt Thomson, and solicitor turned Master of Wine student Sophie Parker-Thomson.
Their collective goal is to create distinctive small-batch, single vineyard wines that reflect the best sub-regional sites in New Zealand. Their approach is minimalist, treading a path that incorporates both tradition and innovation, embracing both science and artistry.
Wines made without recipes, Blank Canvas is about pushing boundaries, taking risks and using creative license to create wines that are different, distinctive and sincere.
- 4 Stars & 94/100 Points - Bob Campbell MW, The Real Review (2018 vintage)
- 96/100 Points - Cameron Douglas MS (2018 vintage)
- Top 10 New Zeland Pinot Noir Wines - Winefolio NZ (2018 vintage)
- 95/100 Points & 5 Stars - Gourmet Traveller Wine (2017 vintage)
- 96/100 Points - Cameron Douglas MS (2017 vintage)
- 95/100 Points - Bob Campbell MW (2017 vintage)
Adding product to your cart