Blank Canvas Sauvignon Blanc 2020
- Sauvignon Blanc
- New Zealand, 750ml
“From the well-drained fertile soils of Dillons Point. Rich, concentrated sauvignon blanc with green capsicum, passionfruit, subtle box hedge flavours and a pleasing saline-mineral character. Good purity and mouth-watering, fruity acidity." Bob Campbell
- Winery: Blank Canvas
- Varietal: Sauvignon Blanc
- Region: Marlborough, New Zealand
- Vintage: 2020
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Other: Vegan-friendly, sustainable wine growing NZSW, contains sulphites
- Food pairing: Chicken, turkey; white fish, shrimp, lobster; feta & goat cheeses; citrus & light cream sauces
This single vineyard rendition of Sauvignon Blanc is sourced from the Holdaway Family vineyard at Dillons Point - our favourite sub region for the variety. It is a classic expression of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, being 100% tank fermented, but it offers complexity of texture and a mineral drive that summons river stones and sea spray. Blackcurrant, guava and passionfruit are captured alongside the subtlest hint of oyster-shell. This wine is focused and explosive on both nose and palate yet remains elegantly balanced and distinctly salty.
From Marlborough and Hawkes Bay, New Zealand, Blank Canvas embodies the story of husband and wife team; international wine-making consultant Matt Thomson, and solicitor turned Master of Wine student Sophie Parker-Thomson.
Their collective goal is to create distinctive small-batch, single vineyard wines that reflect the best sub-regional sites in New Zealand. Their approach is minimalist, treading a path that incorporates both tradition and innovation, embracing both science and artistry.
Wines made without recipes, Blank Canvas is about pushing boundaries, taking risks and using creative license to create wines that are different, distinctive and sincere.
- 95/100 Points & 5 Stars - Bob Campbell MW
- 92/100 Points - Nick Stock, JamesSuckling.com
- 5 Stars & 95 Points - Bob Campbell MW (2019 vintage)
- 92 Points - Cameron Douglas (2019 vintage)
Adding product to your cart