Bulleit Bourbon Frontier Whiskey
- USA, 700ml
A stunning award winning Kentucky bourbon. Medium amber in colour, with gentle spiciness and sweet oak aromas. Mid-palate is smooth with tones of maple, oak, and nutmeg. Finish is long, dry, and satiny with a light toffee flavour.
- Distillery: Bulleit Frontier Whiskey
- Type: Bourbon Whiskey
- Region: Kentucky, USA
- Alcohol: 45%
- Volume: 700ml
- Goes with: Neat or over ice
"Bulleit Bourbon is inspired by the whiskey pioneered by Augustus Bulleit over 150 years ago. Only ingredients of the very highest quality are used. The subtlety and complexity of Bulleit Bourbon come from its unique blend of rye, corn, and barley malt, along with special strains of yeast and pure Kentucky limestone filtered water. Due to its especially high rye content, Bulleit Bourbon has a bold, spicy character with a finish that's distinctively clean and smooth." Bulleit Frontier Whiskey
"THE NEW FRONTIER
In 1987, Thomas E. Bulleit, Jr., fulfilled a lifelong dream of reviving an old family bourbon recipe by starting the Bulleit Distilling Company. Inspired by his great-great-grandfather Augustus Bulleit, who made a high-rye whiskey between 1830-1860, Tom left a successful law practice and risked everything to experience life on the frontier. Today, we're not the only ones who are glad he did.
A WHISKEY NEARLY LOST FOREVER
A tavern keeper in 1830s Louisville, Kentucky, Augustus Bulleit was dedicated to a single goal: the creation of a bourbon unique in flavor. After experimenting with countless varieties, he finally came upon a bourbon with the character he had long sought after.
One fateful day, while transporting his barrels of bourbon from Kentucky to New Orleans, Augustus Bulleit vanished. What happened is still unknown, and his creation nearly disappeared into history along with him. A
To this day, Bulleit Bourbon is distilled and aged in the Bulleit family tradition. High rye content gives it a bold, spicy character with a distinctively smooth, clean finish. Kentucky limestone-filtered water provides a foundation for the bourbon's character, while charred American oak barrels lend a smoky backbone. Our aging philosophy is simple: we wait until our bourbon is ready.
As Bulleit enthusiasts know, rye has always been our cornerstone. In this tradition, we're proud to present Bulleit Rye – a straight rye whiskey made from 95% rye and 5% malted barley. It's a whiskey with unparalleled spice and complexity." Bulleit Frontier Whiskey
- 94 Points (Highly Recommended) - 2015 Ultimate Spirits Challenge
- Silver - 2014 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- 92 Points (Highly Recommended) - 2013 Ultimate Spirits Challenge
- Gold - 2012 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Gold (Exceptional) - 2012 Beverage Testing Institute
- 4 Stars (Highly Recommended) - 2011 Spirit Journal
- Gold (Exceptional) - 2008 Beverage Testing Institute
- Gold - 2007 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Silver - 2006 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Silver - 2005 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Gold - 2004 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
Adding product to your cart