Cable Bay Waiheke Island Chardonnay 2019
- New Zealand, 750ml
This wine has vibrancy and complexity, with lemon blossom, grapefruit, peach and earthy clay pot aromas complementing a fresh and focused palate. Fine phenolic texture and minerally acidity add depth and length respectively. The salinity from the ocean, baking spice flavours from ageing in oak, together with juicy tree fruit notes from the grapes, round out what is truly a charming wine from a fantastic vintage.
- Winery: Cable Bay
- Varietal: 100% Chardonnay
- Region: Waiheke Island, New Zealand
- Vintage: 2019
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Other: Sustainable Winegrowing, contains sulphites
- Food pairing: Chicken; veal & pork; shrimp, crab & lobster; potato & squash; cream & pesto sauces; mild & semi soft cheeses.
An award winning winery and restaurant situated on the stunning west coast of Waiheke Island. Cable Bay Vineyards began with the vision to hand-craft wines from the highest quality fruit, grown in small lot vineyards located in the most desirable, places for their respective varietals.
At Cable Bay Vineyards they hand-craft wines from the highest quality fruit, grown in small batch vineyards in two locations within New Zealand – Waiheke Island and Marlborough. They create exceptional, quintessentially New Zealand wines, perfectly suited to their unique climates. Cable Bay is devoted to producing styles that inspire and excite wine-lovers around the world, all the while evolving their vines and techniques along the way.
All of Cable Bay vineyards are accredited with New Zealand Sustainable Winegrowing and select vineyards are organic under the BioGro program.
Visit Cable Bay Vineyards on Waiheke Island to discover the perfect vineyard experience – award-winning wines at the cellar door, exquisite sharing-style cuisine in The Bistro, relaxed dining in The Verandah, vast lawns with breath-taking sea views and luxury accommodation.
- 4 Stars & Recommended - The Real Review
- 91 Points - Joe Czerwinski, Robert Parker (2018 vintage)
- 87 Points - Bob Campbell MW (2018 vintage)
- 91 Points - Joe Czerwinski, Wine Advocate (2018 vintage)
Adding product to your cart