Castano Ecologico Barrica Monastrell 2018
- Spain, 750ml
Bright deep purple in colour, on the nose the Castaño Ecologico Barrica Monastrell delivers powerful aromas of blueberry, blackberry, violet and spices that follow on the palate. Along with this, there is a smoky candied touch and black peppery background from its brief ageing in oak. The aftertaste is long and silky.
- Winery: Bodegas Castaño
- Varietal: 100% Monastrell
- Region: Yecla, Spain
- Vintage: 2018
- Alcohol: 14%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
- Other: Organic, vegan-friendly
- Food pairing: Grilled meats & hamburgers; spaghetti Bolognese; pizza; mushrooms & onions; Parmesan
Bodegas Castaño is today one of the most relevant wine producers in South-Eastern Spain for their tradition and achievements in the use of the indigenous grape varieties. With a clear innovating spirit, the Castaño family has incorporated avant-garde technologies and the latest vinification systems to keep alive the legacy of their ancestors, an inherited passion for the deeply rooted Monastrell, the king variety in Yecla.
- Silver - 2020 NZ International Wine Show 2020 (2017 vintage)
- 93 Points & 5 Stars - Sam Kim, Wine Orbit (2017 vintage)
Adding product to your cart