Chermette Griottes Beaujolais 2018
- France, 750ml
An easy drinking Beaujolais that’s great to enjoy with friends. Ruby red in colour with cherry, tangy red berries and candy aromas. On the palate, tangy fresh red fruits and berries, fine skin tannins.
- Winery: Pierre-Marie Chermette
- Varietal: 100% Gamay
- Region: Beaujolais, France
- Vintage: 2018
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Other: Contains sulphites
- Food pairing: Chicken & duck; lamb & mild sausage; tuna & salmon; mushroom risotto; mushroom & light-medium red sauces; brie & goats cheese
Made from vines less than 30 years old, this cuvée develops the freshness of red fruits. It is called Griottes because of its aromas but also because the bottom of the vines is bordered by cherry trees. It is an easy-drinking, juicy wine with fruit and freshness.
Domaines Chermette is a family-run wine estate located in Saint Vérand, in the golden stone area of the Pierres Dorées, southern Beaujolais. Combining tradition and modernity, Martine, Pierre-Marie and Jean-Etienne Chermette are fully committed to bring you really high quality, authentic terroir wines. They were among the first in Beaujolais to use sustainable agricultural practices and now their wines are made with minimal intervention: wild yeasts, minimal sulphur additions and no filtering if possible.
Not only do the Chermettes produce outstanding Beaujolais from the crus of Moulin à Vent, Brouilly and Fleurie, but they also make some of France’s most highly regarded Crème de Cassis from their own blackcurrants.
- 88/100 Points - Wine Advocate
- 16/20 Points - Le Point
- 15+/20 Points - Beaujolais Aujourd'hui
- 88/100 Points - Wine Advocate (2017 vintage)
- 85/100 Points - Wine Enthusiast (2017 vintage)
- 15/20 Points - La Revue du Vin de France (2017 vintage)
- 91/100 Points - James Suckling (2016 vintage)
- 15/20 Points - La Revue du Vin de France (2016 vintage)
- 91/100 Points - James Suckling (2015 vintage)
- 86/100 Points - Gilbert & Gaillar (2015 vintage)
- 86/100 Points - Guide Parker (2015 vintage)
Adding product to your cart