Cotswolds English Whisky
- Single Malt
- England, 700ml
Beautiful texture, creamy and round, with sweet citrus fruit and black pepper. On the nose, the first thing you notice are spicy cereal notes, malt and porridge, then comes the fruit - orange peel and lemon. Grassy and floral flavours followed by marzipan.
- Distillery: Cotswolds Distillery
- Type: Single Malt Whisky
- Region: Cotswolds, England
- Alcohol: 46%
- Volume: 700ml
- Goes with: Neat or over ice
This Single Malt Whisky is the first whisky ever distilled in the Cotswolds. They use 100% locally grown, floor-malted barley and mature the whisky in first-fill ex-Bourbon barrels and reconditioned red wine casks.
The Cotswolds Distillery was founded in 2013 by Dan Szor in Stourton in the heart of the Cotswolds, inspired by his passion for single malt whisky. Making their home in an old barn conversion, Dan had his stills build by Forsyths in Rothes - the wash still is named Proud Mary and the spirit still is named Janis. The first release from the Cotswolds Distillery was Cotswolds Dry Gin, which made its way to our shelves in late 2014. A few years later, in 2017, the very first whisky from the Cotswolds Distillery (as well as the very first single malt whisky distilled in the Cotswolds) was released - and has been very well received, picking up a Gold medal at the World Whiskies Awards 2019 and a Liquid Gold Award in Jim Murray's Whisky Bible.
- Silver - 2020 San Francisco World Spirits Competition - Other Single Malt Whisky
- Gold - 2019 World Whisky Awards - Single Malt
- Gold - 2019 International Wine & Spirits Competition - Single Malt Whisky - England - No Age Stated - 40-47%
- Silver - 2019 The World Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business) - EU Single Malt - Premium
- Silver - 2019 International Spirits Challenge - Whiskies Worldwide - Single Malt
Adding product to your cart