Cotswolds English Whisky
- Single Malt
- England, 700ml
A truly excellent new whisky from England made with great passion & craft. The aroma is sweetly honeyed, with butterscotch & plenty of stonefruit, along with nutty marzipan. The palate is oily, lush & rich, with orange marmalade & muscavado. The finish is treacled, with dark red fruit & soft wooded flavours lingering.
- Distillery: Cotswolds Distillery
- Type: Single Malt Whisky
- Region: Cotswolds, England
- Alcohol: 46%
- Volume: 700ml
- Goes with: Neat or over ice
This Single Malt Whisky is the first whisky ever distilled in the Cotswolds. They use 100% locally grown, floor-malted barley and mature the whisky in first-fill ex-Bourbon barrels and reconditioned red wine casks.
The Cotswolds Distillery was founded in 2013 by Dan Szor in Stourton in the heart of the Cotswolds, inspired by his passion for single malt whisky. Making their home in an old barn conversion, Dan had his stills build by Forsyths in Rothes - the wash still is named Proud Mary and the spirit still is named Janis. The first release from the Cotswolds Distillery was Cotswolds Dry Gin, which made its way to our shelves in late 2014. A few years later, in 2017, the very first whisky from the Cotswolds Distillery (as well as the very first single malt whisky distilled in the Cotswolds) was released - and has been very well received, picking up a Gold medal at the World Whiskies Awards 2019 and a Liquid Gold Award in Jim Murray's Whisky Bible.
- Silver - 2020 San Francisco World Spirits Competition - Other Single Malt Whisky
- Gold - 2019 World Whisky Awards - Single Malt
- Gold - 2019 International Wine & Spirits Competition - Single Malt Whisky - England - No Age Stated - 40-47%
- Silver - 2019 The World Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business) - EU Single Malt - Premium
- Silver - 2019 International Spirits Challenge - Whiskies Worldwide - Single Malt
Adding product to your cart