Cutty Sark Whisky
- Blended Whisky
- Scotland, 1,000ml
Clean, balanced and lively with vanilla and citrus fruits. It’s accessible; fresh and enticing with subtle hints of vanilla ice cream and caramel.
- Type: Blended Scotch Whisky
- Region: Scotland
- Alcohol: 40%
- Volume: 1,000ml
- Goes with: Neat or over ice
The first and most famous of the Cutty Sark family, this blended scotch has been a worldwide whisky icon for the last 90 years. A very popular blend, particularly on the American market, started by Berry Bros & Rudd and named for the tea clipper Cutty Sark, said to be the fastest of its time.
Cutty Sark was established on the 20th March 1923 with help from the famed wine merchants Berry Bros & Rudd. Whisky was becoming increasingly popular and the release of premium blended whisky was deemed to be a gainful proposition. The blend was created with only the best whiskies available, such were the wishes of Francis Berry, a senior partner who also insisted the whisky’s hue be of a light persuasion.
The name Cutty Sark was suggested by James McBey, a renowned artist who the Berry Brothers had invited to lunch. Cutty Sark was named for the famed 19th century tea clipper, the fastest ship of its time and the name actually derives from the Gaelic for ‘short shirt’. The blend is an amalgam of around twenty single malt whiskies, most of which are from Speyside.
Glenrothes has long since been associated with the blend and Berry Bros and Rudd suggested it be launched as a single malt. The Cutty Sark blend is matured in oak casks for around six months before bottling. This marries the malt and grain whiskies effectively and is said to smooth out any harshness. Cutty Sark is one of the ten best-selling blended whiskies in the world and is hugely popular in the US.
- Double Gold - 2020 New York International Spirits Competition
- Silver - 2020 The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business) - Blended Standard
- Silver - 2019 International Spirits Challenge - Blended Scotch - No Age Statement
- Silver - 2014 International Wine & Spirit Competition - Blended Scotch Whisky
- Silver - 2013 International Wine & Spirit Competition - Blended Scotch Whisky
Adding product to your cart