Dandelion Lionheart of the Barossa 2018
- Australia, 750ml
This Dandelion is a ripe yet restrained profile of fruit purity; the palate is clean, clear and defined - etched minerality and savouriness runs in fine powdery tannic layers. This is Barossa that is beautiful not brazen; beguiling not boisterous; a balance not a bomb, yet still indubitably - indubitably - Barossa. On the nose, Damson plums and reduced plums and plum jam made yesterday morning and, oh, plum chutney too.
- Winery: Dandelion
- Varietal: Shiraz
- Region: Barossa, Australia
- Vintage: 2018
- Alcohol: 14.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Food match: Lamb roast, beef, game meat, pork & pepperoni; tuna & salmon; pizza; BBQ & heavy red sauces; bleu-veined cheeses
Lionheart is named after Barossa ‘s lifelong champion of old vines, Carl Lindner. This wine comes from ancient, gnarled vines, some approaching and many over a hundred years of age that not only survive but thrive on their own roots in some of the oldest soils on the planet.
Dandelion Vineyards is a unique fusion of vineyards and vignerons. Their wines represent decades of experience, blending the fruit of our heirloom vineyards with the finest traditions of artisan winemaking. Dandelion Vineyards combination of old vineyards and young winemaker and a couple of mates to help out in‐between which they believe makes for the ideal winery. Dandelion Vineyards are proven plantings that have stood the test of time. They grow their own grapes and source from the best of family vineyards. Their wish is to nurture the unique character of these vineyards and express their terroir in their wines.
- Woman Wine & Spirits Awards 2020 – Gold Medal
- Winemaker Challenge International Wine Competition (USA) 2020 – Platinum, 95 Points
- China Wine & Spirits Awards 2019 – Gold Medal
- New Zealand International Wine Show 2019 – Gold Medal
- China Wine & Spirits Best Value 2020 - Silver Medal
- Platinum San Diego Wine & Spirit Competition
- Gold New York International Wine Competition
- Gold Winemaker Challenge International Wine Challenge
- Gold McLaren Vale Wine Show
- 5 Stars (95/100) James Halliday
Adding product to your cart