De Bortoli Rosé 2021
- Australia, 750ml
This pale dry Rosé has intense fruit aromas of peach and pomegranate. Everything you want in a dry Rosé - dangerously fresh, generously textured, a touch of spice and brimming with sophistication.
- Winery: De Bortoli
- Varietal: Rosé
- Region: King Valley, VIC, Australia
- Vintage: 2021
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Other: Vegan-friendly
- Food pairing: Light seafood; salads; light pastas & rice dishes; grilled chicken & fish with herbs
Everything you want in a dry Rosé - dangerously fresh, generously textured, a touch of spice and brimming with sophistication.
Family = Passion. De Bortoli has established itself over centuries as Australia's largest family owned winery so the passion is evident. The winemaking philosophy is that great wine begins in the vineyard. Sustainable vineyard practices will deliver exceptional fruit quality as well as real environmental benefits. Third generation winemaker, Darren De Bortoli, and his accomplished brother-in-law Steve Webber, oversee the winemaking team. The tight knit group produce award winning wines vintage to vintage, representing the finest examples from diverse Australian wine growing regions.
Steve Webber - (Chief Winemaker) is the ultimate enthusiast. It is typical of his independent and energetic nature that Steve set out 'to do something a bit special' when he joined De Bortoli. Steve studied for his Bachelor of Applied Science in Oenology at Roseworthy. Steve has been at the forefront of several industry trends; seeking greater finesse in his wines without losing flavour. As he explains, 'It all starts in the vineyard where we work to improve flavour levels and finesse while harvesting at lower sugars and avoiding wines with over-ripe flavours and high alcohol.' Winning Australia's most prestigious trophy 'The Jimmy Watson' in 1997 was a huge highlight for Steve but he admits to being Pinot Noir obsessed with the goal of becoming one of the top producers in the world.
- Trophy - 2020 Australian Italian Varieties Wine Show - Best Rosé (2019 vintage)
- Gold - 2020 Australian Italian Varieties Wine Show (2019 vintage)
- Gold - 2019 Melbourne Wine Show (2019 vintage)
- Gold - 2019 USA Wine Ratings Competition (2019 vintage)
- Silver - Australian Italian Varieties Wine Show (2019 vintage)
- Silver - Hobart Wine Show (2019 vintage)
- Silver - International Wine & Spirit Competition (2019 vintage)
- 4 Stars - 2020 National Winestate Magazine (2019 vintage)
- Trophy - 2018 Australian Italian Varieties Wine Awards - Best Rosé (2018 vintage)
- Trophy 2018 Australian Italian Varieties Wine Awards - Chief Judge’s Award Most Exciting Wine (2018 vintage)
- Gold Medal - 2019 Drinks Int'l Drinks Marketing & Wine Design Challenge (2018 vintage)
- Gold - 2018 Sakura - Japanese Womens Wine Awards (2018 vintage)
- Gold - 2018 China Wine & Spirits Awards (2018 vintage)
- Gold - 2018 Australian Italian Varieties Wine Awards (2018 vintage)
- 93/100 Points - 2019 Ray Jordan, The Weekend West (2018 vintage)
- 92/100 Points - 2018 Regan Drew, Vinonotebook.com (2018 vintage)
- 18.5/20 Points - 2018 Qwine, Qwinereviews.com (2018 vintage)
Adding product to your cart