Deanston 12YO Scotch Whisky
- Single Malt
- Scotland, 700ml
Malty honey, Spicy, vanilla, sweet oak and sweet malt, finishing with cloves, creamy, honey fruits. On the nose, sweet fruit, Heather honey, creamy caramel and Gingerbread.
- Type: Single Malt Whisky
- Region: Perthshire, Highland, Scotland
- Alcohol: 46.3%
- Volume: 700ml
Goes with: Ice
The new, relaunched 12 year old, this single malt has been bottled at a slightly higher proof, negating the necessity for chill-filtration and as such retaining more of its original charm.
The Deanston distillery sits on the banks of the River Teith, the river which acts as the distillery's water source. The waters of the River Teith are among Scotland’s purest and the headwaters rise in the Trossach mountain range. Deanston was founded in 1965 on the site of an 18th century weaving shed, just outside the village of Doune in Perthshire.
The main part of the distillery is sited in a listed cotton mill. A turbine and dam, which employ the waters of the Teith, render Deanston electrically self-sufficient. In 1971, the first single malt Scotch whisky was released from Deanston and named Old Bannockburn. A year later, the distillery was under Invergordon ownership. Deanston had been closed for some eight years when Burn Stewart Distillers acquired the distillery and a year later Deanston distillery was back in production. A further four years after that and the site played host to a gin distillery as well.
- Gold - 2019 The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business) - Highlands & Islands up to 12YO
- Silver - 2019 International Spirits Challenge - Distillers' Single Malts up to 12YO
- Gold - 2018 The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business) - Highlands & Islands up to 12YO
- Silver Outstanding - 2017 International Wine & Spirit Competition - Scotch Single Malt - Highland
- Gold - 2016 International Spirits Challenge - Scotch Whisky
- Master - 2015 The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business) - Highlands & Islands up to 12YO
- Master - 2014 The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business) - Highlands & Islands up to 12YO
- Double Gold - 2013 San Francisco World Spirits Competition - Single Malt Scotch up to 12YO
Adding product to your cart