Dog Point Chardonnay 2018
- New Zealand, 750ml
A pure, bright and youthful citrus driven chardonnay with complex smokey, flint, toast and biscuit notes derived from extended barrel aging on full solids.
- Winery: Dog Point
- Varietal: Chardonnay
- Region: Marlborough, New Zealand
- Vintage: 2018
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Other: Organic, contains sulphites
- Food pairing: Chicken; veal & pork; shrimp, crab & lobster; potato & squash; cream & pesto sauces; mild & semi soft cheeses
The hallmarks of Dog Point chardonnay are ever present here with pure saline and crisp palate structure.
Dog Point Vineyard is located at the confluence of the Brancott and Omaka Valleys in Marlborough, New Zealand’s premium wine growing region and is one of the oldest privately established vineyards in the region. They produce four wines including a sauvignon blanc typical of the Marlborough style, a sauvignon blanc aged and fermented in older French oak barrels (Section 94), a chardonnay and a pinot noir.
With a hands off approach to winemaking, all fruit is from hand-picked, low cropped vines grown under organic principles.
Wines are made to drink well on release or cellar gracefully for many years.
- 5 Stars & Top Rank - The Real Review
- Excellent & 93-94 Points/100 - Cameron Douglas MS
- 93/100 & 4.5 Stars - Bob Campbell MW (2017 vintage)
- 92/100 - Cameron Douglas MS (2017 vintage)
Adding product to your cart