Dog Point Chardonnay 2019
- New Zealand, 750ml
Deep straw in colour. On the nose, a complex array of toasted nuts, lees and smokey tones overlay a pure citrus backbone. Crisp and pure on the palate. The vibrant acidity offers lively structure to the wine with a dense, citrus pith texture and fine finish.
- Winery: Dog Point
- Varietal: Chardonnay
- Region: Marlborough, New Zealand
- Vintage: 2019
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Other: Organic, enjoy now to 2026
- Food pairing: Chicken; veal & pork; shrimp, crab & lobster; potato & squash; cream & pesto sauces; mild & semi soft cheeses
"Seductive chardonnay with white peach, citrus, grapefruit, oyster-shell and subtle spicy oak underpinned by delicious acidity. Intense wine with a lengthy finish. A little bottle age would do it no harm." Bob Campbell
Dog Point Vineyard is located at the confluence of the Brancott and Omaka Valleys in Marlborough, New Zealand’s premium wine growing region and is one of the oldest privately established vineyards in the region. They produce four wines including a sauvignon blanc typical of the Marlborough style, a sauvignon blanc aged and fermented in older French oak barrels (Section 94), a chardonnay and a pinot noir.
With a hands off approach to winemaking, all fruit is from hand-picked, low cropped vines grown under organic principles.
Wines are made to drink well on release or cellar gracefully for many years.
- 95/100 Points - Bob Campbell, The Real Review (2019 vintage)
- 95/100 Points - NZ Wine Rater (2019 vintage)
- 95/100 Points - James Suckling (2019 vintage)
- 94/100 Points - Cameron Douglas MS (2019 vintage)
- 94/100 Points - Wine Front AU (2019 vintage)
- 93/100 Points - Huon Hooke (2019 vintage)
- 5 Stars & Top Rank - The Real Review (2018 vintage)
- Excellent & 93-94 Points/100 - Cameron Douglas MS (2018 vintage)
- 93/100 & 4.5 Stars - Bob Campbell MW (2017 vintage)
- 92/100 - Cameron Douglas MS (2017 vintage)
Adding product to your cart