Dog Point Sauvignon Blanc 2020
- Sauvignon Blanc
- New Zealand, 750ml
"Powerful, precise and classic Dog Point Sauvignon Blanc with a core of fresh citrus and tropical fruits, an abundance of fresh herbs, minerality and style. On the palate - silky, fresh, salivating and fruit. All the attributes displayed in the bouquet come alive on the palate leading to a lively and refreshing example, well made, lengthy and ready." Cameron Douglas MS
- Winery: Dog Point
- Varietal: Sauvignon Blanc
- Region: Marlborough
- Vintage: 2020
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Other: Certified Organic, contains sulphites, bottled without fining
- Closure: Screwcap
- Food pairing: Chicken, turkey; white fish, shrimp, lobster; feta & goat cheeses; citrus & light cream sauces
One of the best vintages the region has experienced in years. Grapes are hand-picked from eight of our own vineyards within the Wairau Valley. Cropped at an average of 10 tonnes/hectare. The fruit is whole bunch pressed, cold settled before fermentation and 4 months aging in stainless steel tanks.
Dog Point Vineyard is located at the confluence of the Brancott and Omaka Valleys in Marlborough, New Zealand’s premium wine growing region and is one of the oldest privately established vineyards in the region. They produce four wines including a sauvignon blanc typical of the Marlborough style, a sauvignon blanc aged and fermented in older French oak barrels (Section 94), a chardonnay and a pinot noir.
With a hands off approach to winemaking, all fruit is from hand-picked, low cropped vines grown under organic principles.
- 95/100 Points - Bob Campbell MW
- 94/100 Points - Cameron Douglas MS
- 94/100 Points - Candice Chow, Raymond Chan Wine Reviews
- 18.5+/20 Points - Joelle Thomson
- 93/100 Points - Nick Stock, James Suckling
- 16.5+/20 Points - Jancis Robinson
- 95/100 Points - Bob Campbell MW (2019 vintage)
Adding product to your cart