Dom Perignon 2012 Vintage Champagne
- France, 750ml
Dom Perignon is one of the most beautiful and iconic Champagnes in the world. "Wonderful elegance and balance to this Dom Pérignon with cooked apple, lemon and hints of white pepper and salt. It’s medium-bodied with really fine bubbles and balance. Spicy at the end. So wonderfully fresh, linear and long. Racy and elegant. A DP that invites to drink right now. All about finesse. Tension, too, with precise phenolics and bright acidity on the back palate. Subtle energy." James Suckling
- Winery: LVMH - Dom Pérignon
- Varietal: 51% Pinot Noir, 49% Chardonnay
- Region: Champagne, France
- Vintage: 2012
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
- Other: Best enjoyed from now to 2030
- Food match: Lobster, shrimp, shellfish, smoked salmon, caviar, oysters, fried chicken, Brie-style cheeses, fruit-based desserts (tarts and crepes)
Dom Pérignon is vintage champagne only. Each vintage is a creation, singular and unique, that expresses both the character of the year, and the character of Dom Pérignon. After at least eight years of elaboration in the cellars, the wine embodies the perfect balance of Dom Pérignon, the Plénitude of harmony.
It's no surprise to us that celebrities such as Lady Gaga and Lenny Kravitz choose to collaborate with Dom Pérignon on ultra-cool and inspirational projects - worth checking out them on Dom Pérignon's site.
Dom Pierre Pérignon, a French Benedictine monk, set out his vision to "create the best wine in the world" when he became Cellar Master at the sacred Abbey of Hautvillers in 1668. Dom Pérignon dedicated over 40 years to this mission, employing a visionary spirit and daring approach to the wine making process. Over that time, he became known as the ‘father of champagne’ for laying down the fundamental rules for the traditional Champagne production method (La Methode Champenoise or Traditionelle). A favored wine of the Sun King Louis XIV, Dom Pérignon himself compared his wine to "drinking stars".
Dom Pérignon’s commitment to vintage is absolute. Each Dom Pérignon is a true act of creation, made from only the best grapes. The champagne’s intensity is based in precision, so inviting, so mysterious. Each Vintage has three Plénitudes, and embodies the total faith in the creation that is constantly renewed by Chef de Cave Vincent Chaperon. Coupled with a bold sense of playfulness, Dom Pérignon inspires the greatest creators in the world.
Made only from the best grapes grown in one single year, each Dom Pe´rignon’s Vintage represents a harmonic balance between the nature of the year and the signature of Dom Pérignon. After no fewer than 8 years of elaboration, each vintage emerges complete, seamless and tactile.
The core of the blend are the eight historical Grands Crus, Aÿ, Bouzy, Verzenay, Mailly, Chouilly, Cramant, Avize and Le Mesnil, plus the legendary Hautvillers Premier Cru. Dom Pérignon also has the unique privilege of being able to select grapes from all 17 Grands Crus in Champagne.
- 98/100 Points - Decanter
- 98/100 Points - Champagne Insights
- 98/100 Points - Anthocyanes, Yohan Castaing
- 97/100 Points - James Suckling
- 97/100 Points - Vinous
- 96/100 Points - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
- 96/100 Points -Wine Spectator
- 18.5+/20 Points - Jancis Robinson MW
- 98/100 Points - James Suckling (2010 vintage)
- 97/100 Points - James Halliday's Wine Companion (2010 vintage)
- 96-97 100 Points - Essi Avellan MW (2010 vintage)
- 96/100 Points - Wine Spectator (2010 vintage)
- 96/100 Points - Wilfred Wong (2010 vintage)
- 93/100 Points - Decanter (2010 vintage)
- 93/100 Points - Antonio Galloni, Vinous (2010 vintage)
- 18.5/20 Points - Jancis Robinson MW (2010 vintage)
- 92/100 Points - William Kelley, Robert Parker (2010 vintage)
- 4 Stars - The Real Review (2010 vintage)
Adding product to your cart