Elena Walch Pinot Bianco 2019
- Pinot Bianco
- Italy, 750ml
This Pinot Bianco presents itself in clear, bright straw yellow, with fruity aromas, fresh apple notes and a touch of herbs in the bouquet. In the mouth, the wine surprises with elegant, mineral depth, lively acidity and a fresh finish. An inviting aperitif wine and an ideal accompaniment for light dishes.
- Winery: Elena Walch
- Varietal: 100% Pinot Bianco
- Region: Alto Adige DOC, Italy
- Vintage: 2019
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
- Food pairing: Light-flavoured meats; flaky fish; salads with cream dressings; soft and/or mild flavoured cheeses
Pinot Bianco (aka Pinot Blanco) is a white wine grape and a Pinot mutation sharing its genetic fingerprint with Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris (et al). This versatile grape is used in the production of still, sparkling and sweet dessert wines mainly in Europe.
Run by the matriarch Elena Walch, and her two daughters Julia and Caroline in the picturesque Dolomite mountains, Elena Walch centres around the famous Castel Ringberg vineyard, which ‘rings’ 1620 Habsburg castle. With superb cool climate conditions, the steep, sunny slopes of dolomite rock with loose reddish limestone create a unique terroir. This site produces fresh and elegant white wines as well as a famously concentrated and velvety Lagrein - the ‘insiders’ wine of the Alto-Adige. Lagrein has a complex bouquet with spicy aromas, distinctive tannin structure, smooth fullness, and a playful yet rustic elegance.
- 92/100 Points - James Suckling (2020 vintage)
- 90/100 Points - Wine Enthusiast (2020 vintage)
- 90/100 Points - Wine Enthusiast (2019 vintage)
- 88/100 Points - Wine Enthusiast (2018 vintage)
Adding product to your cart