Fantini Sangiovese 2019
- Italy, 750 ml
Intense and persistent fragrance, fruity (strawberry and sour black cherry) with a vinous note and a scent of wood. Medium-bodied, tannic, balanced and a caramelly finish. A well-made, full-flavoured expression of the Chianti grape.
- Winery: Farnese - Ortona
- Varietal: Sangiovese
- Region: Abruzzo DOC, Italy
- Vintage: 2019
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
- Food pairing: Roast pork, lamb chops & game meat; Prosciutto & salami; pasta with meat sauce; grilled vegetables; semi-aged cheeses
100% Sangiovese. One month in oak.
Farnese House dates back to 1582, based in Caldora Castle which has been restored and modernized to include offices and underground cellars where a lot of the top wines are aged prior to bottling. Farnese was restructured in 1994 and quickly became one of Italy's leading producers with vineyards in Ortona, Apulia, Basicilata and Campagna.
All wineries have and are producing highly acclaimed wines with two of their wines in the top 10 of the 2010 Luca Maroni Guide. These wines along with all wines from the Farnese group can be described as wines that 'deliver' in every sense of the word with taste, quality and sensible pricing.
- 2019 Mundus Vini (2017 vintage)
- 2018 Wine Orbit - 93 points
- 2018 NZ Wine Show - (2017 vintage)
- 2017 Wine Orbit - 90 points (2016 vintage)
- 2017 Luca Maroni - Best Italian Producer
- 2016 Luca Maroni - Best Italian Producer
- 2017 Selections Mondiales des Vins Canadas - Gold
Adding product to your cart