Farnese Edizione 20
- Montepulciano Blend
- Italy, 750 ml
A delicious award-winning Fantini blend. Very deep garnet red. Very intense and persistent with notes of cherry and blackcurrant, herbs, cinnamon, cloves, cocoa, liquorice and hints of mineral. Great structure, good balance between alcohol and freshness, velvety tannins, very persistent with a long finish.
- Winery: Farnese - Fantini
- Varietal: Montepulciano, Primitivo, Sangiovese, Negroamaro, Malvasia
- Region: Abruzzo, Italy
- Vintage: Edizione 20 (Edition 20)
- Alcohol: 14.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
- Othwer: Vegan-friendly
- Food pairing: Italian dishes such as tomato-based pastas, pizza, and spicy Italian pepperoni; roast pork, beef brisket, burgers, Shepherds Pie; Asiago, Parmesan & Cheddar cheeses.
The 1000 year old traditions were all put into one wine.
Filippo Baccalaro and French winemaker Jean-Marc Saboua succeeded in blending 5 indigenous varieties (cinque autoctoni) Montepulciano, Sangiovese, Primitivo, Negroamaro and Malvasia Nera. Edizione does not have a vintage as the grapes come from two different regions but rather progressive edition numbers of the vintage produced.
Farnese House dates back to 1582, based in Caldora Castle which has been restored and modernized to include offices and underground cellars where a lot of the top wines are aged prior to bottling. Farnese was restructured in 1994 and quickly became one of Italy's leading producers with vineyards in Ortona, Apulia, Basilicata and Campagna.
All wineries have and are producing highly acclaimed wines with two of their wines in the top 10 of the 2010 Luca Maroni Guide. These wines along with all wines from the Farnese group can be described as wines that 'deliver' in every sense of the word with taste, quality, and sensible pricing.
- 2021 Luca Maroni - 99/100 Points
- 2021 Robert Parker - 91/100 Points
- 2021 Wine Spectator - 91/100 Points
- 2020 New Zealand International Wine Awards - Trophy Winner [Edition 18]
- 2019 New Zealand International Wine Awards - Gold Medal [Edition 18]
- 2019 Bibenda - 5 Grappoli [Edition 2018]
- 2019 Concours International Lyon - Gold Medal [Edition 18]
- 2019 Annuario dei Migliori vini Italiani - 99 points [Edition 18]
- 2018 Berliner Wine Trophy - Gold Medal [Edition 2017]
- 2018 The Grand Gold Medal [Edition 2017]
- 2018 Annuario dei Migliori vini Italiani - 99 points [Edition 2017]
- 2018 Bibenda - 5 Grappoli [Edition 2017]
- 2018 Vivino Wine Style - USA TOP WINE CATEGORY OD CENTRAL ITALIAN RED [Edition 2017]
- 2018 Bibenda - Top 10 Italian Wine [Edition 2017]
- 2018 The Wine Hunter Award Red 2
- 2017 NZ International Wine Awards - SILVER [Edition 2015]
- 2017 Bibenda 5 Grappoli [Edition 16]
- 2017 Berliner Wein Trophy GOLD Medal [Edition 16]
- 2017 Concours International de Lyon Silver Medal [Edition 16]
Adding product to your cart