Four Pillars Negroni Gin
- Negroni Gin
- Australia, 700ml
Four Pillars Spiced Negroni Gin is highly aromatic, rich and spicy with great power and intensity. Four Pillars use spices like Tasmanian pepperberry leaf, cinnamon, West African spice grains of paradise and Indonesian cubeb to up the ante.
- Distillery: Four Pillars Distillery
- Type: Gin, Negroni
- Region: Yarra Valley, VIC, Australia
- Alcohol: 43.8%
- Volume: 700ml
- Goes with: Ice, premium tonic
This gin was originally the result of a conversation between Cameron (FP's distiller) and Jason (one of the World’s Top Ten Bartenders) back in 2014 - they wanted to create a gin specifically for the Negroni, to cut through the Campari and vermouth.
The Four Pillars story starts back in 2013 when the founders embarked on a tour of the US West Coast, from Portland down to San Francisco, identifying distilling techniques and equipment they admired. What stood out above all to was that all the gins they loved were made in a Carl still. 18 months later, they took delivery of their own custom-built still from Carl of Germany, and called her Wilma (after Cameron’s beautiful but explosively tempered late mother). And Wilma turned out to be amazing, drawing extraordinary botanical flavour from a combination of rare, native and traditional botanicals.
She delivers an unbelievable purity of spirit (the gin comes out of Wilma at 93.5% ABV) despite their unique approach of distilling their benchmark Rare Dry Gin with fresh, juicy biodynamic and highly-aromatic oranges. And she has now been joined by her larger sister Jude, and significantly smaller sister Eileen - both also made by Carl.
From Rare Dry Gin to Barrel Aged Gin to Navy Strength Gin to Orange Marmalade (made with the oranges that make the gin) everything the Four Pillars team does is designed to elevate the craft of distilling in Australia.
- Silver - 2020 International Wine & Spirits Competition
- Winner - 2020 World Gin Awards - Best Australian Contemporary Style Gin
- Gold - 2020 The Gin Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Gold - 2019 International Wine & Spirits Competition - Contemporary Styles - Australia
- Silver - 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Competition - Gin
- Master status - 2017 and 2018 Global Gin Masters
Adding product to your cart