Framingham F-Series S.B. 2018
- Sauvignon Blanc
- New Zealand, 750ml
"Estate-grown grapes were fermented in barrel using indigenous yeasts, a little malolactic influence and a lot of yeast lees contact. The result is a creamy-textured wine with grapefruit, ginger, gingernut and toast flavours. Not particularly varietal, but it's a lovely drink." Bob Campbell MW
- Winery: Framingham
- Varietal: Sauvignon Blanc
- Region: Marlborough, New Zealand
- Vintage: 2018
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
Food pairing: Chicken, turkey; white fish, shrimp, lobster; feta & goat cheeses; citrus & light cream sauces
"An atypical style of Sauvignon Blanc (for Marlborough) that is textural with tastes of earth and mineral rather than fruit. Fruit with good exposure to light was hand harvested from a discrete one-acre block on the estate that we call the Quail Trail." Framingham
"The original vineyard was established in 1981, by Wellingtonian engineer Rex Brooke-Taylor who took the name ‘Framingham’ from his ancestral home town near Norwich, England.
Before we brought our winemaking on site and under our control in 1997, we used other wineries’ facilities to produce our initial releases. And the first wine we released to the world under the Framingham name was a 1994 Riesling.
In past years we’ve been known to produce Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Pinotage, Merlot, Merlot-Malbec, Chenin Blanc and Methode Champenoise. But today, we’re a family-owned Sogrape company with ranges including Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Gewürztraminer, Pinot Noir, Viognier and Montepulciano.
Now producing all our wine from our new winery on Conders Bend Road, we made our first ever batch onsite in 1998. The rest, they say, is history.
We make wine by our own rules. We’re big believers in doing what you love. So when it comes to making wine, we just make wine that we ourselves want to drink. We love aromatic styled wines to accompany food. And over the years, our Framingham range has grown with a strong tradition of winemaking for balance, texture and complexity."
- 95/100 Points - Bob Campbell MW
- 95/100 Points - Bob Campbell MW - The Real Review, NZ - 2017 vintage
- 94/100 Points - Jamie Goode - The Wine Anorak, UK - 2017 vintage
- 5 Stars - Raymond Chan - Wine Reviews - 2017 vintage
- 91/100 Points - Decanter, UK - 2017 vintage
- 4 Stars - Raymond Chan - Wine Reviews - 2016 vintage
- 4 Stars - Raymond Chan - Wine Reviews - 2014 vintage
- 5 Stars - 2016 Michael Cooper’s Buyer’s Guide to NZ Wines - 2014 vintages
- 5 Stars & 95/100 Points - Gourmet Traveller - Top 100 releases, AU
- 5 Stars & 95/100 Points - Gold Ribbon - Bob Campbell MW, NZ
Adding product to your cart