Framingham F-Series Pinot Noir 2019
- Pinot Noir
- New Zealand, 750ml
"Bold, expressive, complex and concentrated bouquet with aromas of dark berries and toasted barrel spices, black currant and clove, roasted plum and vanilla. Powerful and engaging on the palate with a core of ripe dark berry flavours resting on a foundation of sweet toasty oak flavours, firm youthful tannins and an abundance of acidity. Dark purple cherry and plum, baking spices and gently warming alcohol. Lengthy complex finish, a delicious wine." Cam Douglas
- Winery: Framingham
- Varietal: Pinot Noir
- Region: Marlborough, New Zealand
- Vintage: 2019
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Other: Sustainable Winegrowing, contains sulphites
- Food pairing: Chicken & duck; lamb & mild sausage; tuna & salmon; mushroom risotto; mushroom & light-medium red sauces; brie & goats cheese
A more structured style of Pinot Noir when compared to the Framingham offering. A vineyard selection from sites generally in the southern part of the Wairau valley, where the soils have a little more clay and loam in them compared to the stony soils of our estate. Elevage is in French oak barriques, 20% new, for around 14 months. Bottled unfined and unfiltered.
"The original vineyard was established in 1981, by Wellingtonian engineer Rex Brooke-Taylor who took the name ‘Framingham’ from his ancestral home town near Norwich, England.
Before we brought our winemaking on site and under our control in 1997, we used other wineries’ facilities to produce our initial releases. And the first wine we released to the world under the Framingham name was a 1994 Riesling.
In past years we’ve been known to produce Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Pinotage, Merlot, Merlot-Malbec, Chenin Blanc and Methode Champenoise. But today, we’re a family-owned Sogrape company with ranges including Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Gewürztraminer, Pinot Noir, Viognier and Montepulciano.
Now producing all our wine from our new winery on Conders Bend Road, we made our first ever batch onsite in 1998. The rest, they say, is history.
We make wine by our own rules. We’re big believers in doing what you love. So when it comes to making wine, we just make wine that we ourselves want to drink. We love aromatic styled wines to accompany food. And over the years, our Framingham range has grown with a strong tradition of winemaking for balance, texture and complexity."
- 94/100 Points - Bob Campbell MW (2019 vintage)
- 95/100 Points & Outstanding - Cameron Douglas (2019 vintage)
- 4 Stars & 95/100 Points - The Real Review (2017 vintage)
- 94/100 Points - Jamie Goode, The Wine Anorak, UK (2016 vintage)
- 4 Stars - Raymond Chan - Wine Reviews (2016 vintage)
- 4 Stars - Bob Campbell MW, Bobs Wine Reviews, NZ (2016 vintage)
- 5 Stars & 94/100 Points - Wine Orbit, NZ (2014 vintage)
- 4 Stars - Bob Campbell MW, Bobs Wine Reviews, NZ (2014 vintage)
- 4 Stars - Raymond Chan - Wine Reviews (2014 vintage)
- Silver Ribbon - Huon Hooke, AU (2014 vintage)
- 4 Stars - Cuisine Magazine (2014 vintage)
Adding product to your cart