Framingham Sauvignon Blanc 2019
- Sauvignon Blanc
- New Zealand, 750ml
Smoky aromatics with flint, bitter lemon citrus. grapefruit and suggestions of tropical fruit salad. Rich, fleshy palate with good mouthfeel, texture and harmony. Flavours of yellow citrus, currant, stonefruit and sweet herbs.
- Winery: Framingham
- Varietal: Sauvignon Blanc
- Region: Marlborough, New Zealand
- Vintage: 2019
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
Food pairing: Chicken, turkey; white fish, shrimp, lobster; feta & goat cheeses; citrus & light cream sauces
"Offering gorgeous fruit purity and intensity, the wine shows grapefruit, kiwifruit, kaffir lime and nectarine characters on the nose, followed by an intensely flavoured palate that's punchy and lingering. It's classically expressed with lovely textural mouthfeel" Sam Kim, Wine Orbit, June 2020
"The original vineyard was established in 1981, by Wellingtonian engineer Rex Brooke-Taylor who took the name ‘Framingham’ from his ancestral home town near Norwich, England.
Before we brought our winemaking on site and under our control in 1997, we used other wineries’ facilities to produce our initial releases. And the first wine we released to the world under the Framingham name was a 1994 Riesling.
In past years we’ve been known to produce Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Pinotage, Merlot, Merlot-Malbec, Chenin Blanc and Methode Champenoise. But today, we’re a family-owned Sogrape company with ranges including Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Gewürztraminer, Pinot Noir, Viognier and Montepulciano.
Now producing all our wine from our new winery on Conders Bend Road, we made our first ever batch onsite in 1998. The rest, they say, is history.
We make wine by our own rules. We’re big believers in doing what you love. So when it comes to making wine, we just make wine that we ourselves want to drink. We love aromatic styled wines to accompany food. And over the years, our Framingham range has grown with a strong tradition of winemaking for balance, texture and complexity."
- 94/100 Points - Bob Campbell MW - The Real Review, NZ
- 94/100 Points - Sam Kim, NZ
- 93/100 Points - Bob Campbell MW - The Real Review, NZ - 2018 vintage
- 4 Stars - Raymond Chan - Wine Reviews - 2018 vintage
- Silver - Royal Easter Show, NZ - 2018 vintage
- 5 Stars - Raymond Chan - Wine Reviews - 2017 vintage
- 5 Stars & 94/100 Points Wine Orbit - 2017 vintage
- 94/100 Points - Bob Campbell MW - The Real Review, NZ - 2017 vintage
- 92/100 Points - Jamie Goode - The Wine Anorak, UK - 2017 vintage
- 92/100 Points - Decanter, UK - 2017 vintage
- Silver - International Wine and Spirits Competition, UK - 2017 vintage
- Silver - Royal Easter Show, NZ - 2017 vintage
- Silver - NZ Wine of the Year - 2017 vintage
Adding product to your cart