Framingham Pinot Noir 2018
- Pinot Noir
- New Zealand, 750ml
An elegant and charming Framingham Pinot Noir. Earthy nose, subtle oak, reminiscent of smoked meat, with light florals and vibrant light red fruits. Subtle dark cherry and red berry flavours with savoury mineral-like notes. Fine, well integrated and delicate tannin structure.
- Winery: Framingham
- Varietal: Pinot Noir
- Region: Marlborough
- Vintage: 2018
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Other: Contains sulphites
- Food pairing: Chicken & duck; lamb & mild sausage; tuna & salmon; mushroom risotto; mushroom & light-medium red sauces; brie & goats cheese
Framingham Pinot Noir tends to a more 'feminine' style displaying grace and charm with strongly varietal flavour and some good structure to add interest.
"The original vineyard was established in 1981, by Wellingtonian engineer Rex Brooke-Taylor who took the name ‘Framingham’ from his ancestral home town near Norwich, England.
Before we brought our winemaking on site and under our control in 1997, we used other wineries’ facilities to produce our initial releases. And the first wine we released to the world under the Framingham name was a 1994 Riesling.
In past years we’ve been known to produce Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Pinotage, Merlot, Merlot-Malbec, Chenin Blanc and Methode Champenoise. But today, we’re a family-owned Sogrape company with ranges including Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Gewürztraminer, Pinot Noir, Viognier and Montepulciano.
Now producing all our wine from our new winery on Conders Bend Road, we made our first ever batch onsite in 1998. The rest, they say, is history.
We make wine by our own rules. We’re big believers in doing what you love. So when it comes to making wine, we just make wine that we ourselves want to drink. We love aromatic styled wines to accompany food. And over the years, our Framingham range has grown with a strong tradition of winemaking for balance, texture and complexity."
- 94/100 Points - Sam Kim
- 90/100 Points – Bob Campbell MW, The Real Review
- 93/100 Points - 2019 Bob Campbell MW, Real Review - 2017 vintage
- Silver - International Wine and Spirits Competition, UK - 2017 vintage
- Silver - NZ Wine of the Year, NZ - 2017 vintage
- Gold - New Zealand International Wine Show, NZ - 2016 vintage
- 93/100 Points - Jamie Goode, The Wine Anorak, UK - 2016 vintage
- Gold - Marlborough Wine Show, NZ - 2015 vintage
- Gold - Royal Easter Show, NZ - 2015 vintage
- Silver - New Zealand International Wine Show, NZ - 2015 vintage
- Silver - International Wines and Spirits Competition, UK - 2015 vintage
- Silver - Air NZ Wine Awards, NZ - 2015 vintage
Adding product to your cart