Frescobaldi Castiglioni Chianti DOCG 2019
- Chianti Classico
- Italy, 750ml
Chianti Castiglioni 2019 is an intensely fruity wine. It has a bright ruby-red colour with tinges of purple. The bouquet is rich with aromas of cherry, blackberry and wild strawberry followed by elegant Mediterranean scents. On the palate, its soft, elegant and vibrant taste is immediately apparent. The finish is intensely and pleasantly aromatic.
- Winery: Castiglioni Estate
- Varietal: Sangiovese, Merlot (minimal)
- Region: Chianti DOCG, Tuscany, Italy
- Vintage: 2019
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
- Food pairing: Full-flavoured dishes such as pappardelle pasta in a meat sauce, as well as roast chicken, sautéed beef with vegetables, and medium-aged cheeses.
Thanks to its outstanding local climate, Chianti Castiglioni mirrors perfectly the qualities of its local growing area. Smooth-textured and eminently fruity, it displays a fine clean-edged structure.
Marchesi de’ Frescobaldi, a Florentine family with thirty generations dedicated to the production of great Tuscan wines. Frescobaldi's style brings together tradition and innovation. They firmly believe in respecting the local land, focusing on the highest quality grapes, and investing in communications and the professional calibre of their personnel. Their goal is to be the most prestigious Tuscan wine producer, exclusively dedicated to exalting the diversity of their terroirs. In 2017, Frescobaldi was nominated as the “Wine Family of the Year” by the Meininger, the german publishing house.
"The little joys of life, the pleasure of flavours and taste – these are the sensations Tuscany offers, and which Frescobaldi wishes to dedicate to whoever sees in wine a culture beyond the vine and the grape. The dream of my family is to share our work, our emotions and our passion through our wines, to share a life dedicated to understanding and developing these terroirs, inspired by the spirit of Tuscany, the art of what is beautiful and what is good. One thousand years of family history are a unique and incomparable treasure of knowledge and tradition. It is our duty to share this passion with future generations, passing on our love for these eternal places, these eternal hills." Frescobaldi
- 89/100 Points - Wine Spectator (2018 vintage)
- 5 Stars & 93/100 Points - Sam Kim, Wine Orbit (2018 vintage)
- 89/100 Points - Wine Spectator (2017 vintage)
- Silver - Mundus Vini (2016 vintage)
- 89/100 Points - Wine Spectator (2016 vintage)
- 88/100 Points - Wine Enthusiast (2016 vintage)
- 88/100 Points - Wine Spectator (2014 vintage)
- Gold - Mundus Vini (2014 vintage)
Adding product to your cart