Giant Steps Tarraford Chardonnay 2018
- Australia, 750ml
“A very composed and attractively elegant chardonnay that has an impeccably smooth array of lemon and peach-sorbet aromas with very subtle, fresh-nutty notes. The palate has such smooth build. Really refined and elegant.“ James Suckling
- Winery: Giant Steps - Tarraford Vineyard
- Varietal: 100% Chardonnay
- Region: Yarra Valley, Australia
- Vintage: 2018
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Food pairing: Chicken; veal & pork; shrimp, crab & lobster; potato & squash; cream & pesto sauces; mild & semi soft cheeses
“Showing more peachy, tropical notes than the other bottlings, the 2018 Tarraford Vineyard Chardonnay is a ripe, generous effort. It’s medium-bodied, round, silky and easy to drink, yet it remains fresh and clean on the finish, with citrus notes more like tangerine than lime or lemon. Like the other single-vineyard wines, it was fermented and aged in 20% new French oak.” Robert Parker
In 1997 Phil Sexton arrived in the Yarra Valley in search of altitude, aged soils, slopes of exposure, regular rainfall and cool to cold night time temperatures and a gentle breeze off the protecting mountain ranges. Why, because he wanted to grow amazing Chardonnay and Pinot Noir fruit to make wines of purity and finesse.
Steve Flamsteed, Chief Winemaker of Giant Steps since 2003 has set about creating a range of Single Vineyard wines that personify each site. The Yarra Valley Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, LDR and Syrah were then created, clearly displaying the Yarra Valley fruit in a simple, textural and affordable light.
The Giant Steps wines have received global acclaim and established a strong reputation in restaurants and fine wine stores around the world.
Since 2003 Giant Steps wines have collectively been awarded 34 trophies and over 100 gold medals at major international and domestic wine shows and has been named one of the Top 100 Wineries in the World by Wine & Spirits Magazine, US for each of the last six years.
- 95/100 Points - James Halliday
- 95/100 Points - Mike Bennie
- 94/100 Points - James Suckling
- 94/100 Points - Wine Spectator
- 94/100 Points - MaryAnn Worobiec
- 93/100 Points - Huon Hooke
- 92/100 Points - Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
Adding product to your cart