GlenDronach Original 12YO
- Single Malt
- Scotland, 700ml
On the nose, rich cereals, struck match, raisin, cinnamon, caramelised sugar. Opens with lots of delicious raw ginger before becoming creamier with hazelnuts. On the palate, fruits, peels, buttery. Pain au chocolat, a little marmalade on toast before becoming firmer and nuttier with spiced raisins. To finish, smoky toffee and nut brittle.
- Type: Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Region: Aberdeenshire, Highland, Scotland
- Alcohol: 43%
- Volume: 700ml
The GlenDronach distillery lies at the Dronach Burn in the Deveron area. The whisky distillery was founded in 1826, by a syndicate headed by James Allardes. Thanks to the fifth Duke of Gordon, distillation throughout the highlands was legalized in the early 19th century. It is said the duke encouraged the group to build GlenDronach. The distillery changed hands in 1852, to Walter Scott of Teaninich. Following his death, a group from Leith acquired the distillery.
- Silver - 2020 NZ Spirits Awards - Whisky
- Gold - 2019 International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Gold - 2017 International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Bronze - 2013 Malt Maniacs Awards - Daily Dram
Adding product to your cart