Gran Sasso Montepulciano 2018
- Italy, 750ml
Ruby red in colour with red berry fruit aromas. Made for early drinking, this wine is packed with juicy fruit characters, cherry, sour cherry and blackberry with an intense balsamic note lingering at the finish. The palate is full bodied with good, supple tannins.
- Winery: Farnese - Ortona
- Varietal: Montepulciano
- Region: Abruzzo DOC, Italy
- Vintage: 2018
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
Food pairing: Italian dishes such as tomato-based pastas, pizza, and spicy Italian pepperoni; roast pork, beef brisket, burgers, Shepherds Pie; Asiago, Parmesan & Cheddar cheeses.
Farnese House dates back to 1582, based in Caldora Castle which has been restored and modernized to include offices and underground cellars where a lot of the top wines are aged prior to bottling. Farnese was restructured in 1994 and quickly became one of Italy's leading producers with vineyards in Ortona, Apulia, Basilicata and Campagna.
All wineries have and are producing highly acclaimed wines with two of their wines in the top 10 of the 2010 Luca Maroni Guide. These wines along with all wines from the Farnese group can be described as wines that 'deliver' in every sense of the word with taste, quality, and sensible pricing.
- Gold - 2019 Concours International De Lyon
- Gold - 2017 AWC Vienna - 2016 vintage
- Gold - 2015 Mundus Vini - 2015 vintage
- Silver - 2012 NZIWS - 2011 vintage
- 2012 Spiegelau Int Wine Comp - 2011vintage
- 2011 NZIWS Silver - 2010 vintage
- 2009 NZIWS Silver - 2008 vintage
- 2008 NZIWS Silver - 2007 vintage
Adding product to your cart