Gran Sasso Colline Montepulciano 2015
- Italy, 750ml
This easy drinking wine is intense ruby in colour, with violet highlights. The nose is intense and persistent with a spicy bouquet and hints of chocolate that complement the vibrant dark fruit character. This wine is well balanced and shows great structure and tannins.
- Winery: Farnese - Gran Sasso
- Varietal: Montepulciano
- Region: Abruzzo, Italy
- Vintage: 2016
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
- Other: Vegan-friendly, contains sulphites
- Food pairing: Italian dishes such as tomato-based pastas, pizza, and spicy Italian pepperoni; roast pork, beef brisket, burgers, Shepherds Pie; Asiago, Parmesan & Cheddar cheeses.
These vines are planted right on the coast of the Adriatic Sea where the south and east facing sites were chosen for their limestone/clay soils. A great example of the best of Montepulciano D’Abruzzo.
Farnese House dates back to 1582, based in Caldora Castle which has been restored and modernized to include offices and underground cellars where a lot of the top wines are aged prior to bottling. Farnese was restructured in 1994 and quickly became one of Italy's leading producers with vineyards in Ortona, Apulia, Basilicata and Campagna.
All wineries have and are producing highly acclaimed wines with two of their wines in the top 10 of the 2010 Luca Maroni Guide. These wines along with all wines from the Farnese group can be described as wines that 'deliver' in every sense of the word with taste, quality, and sensible pricing.
- 2017 NZ International Wine Awards - SILVER [2011 vintage]
- 2014 Luca Maroni Guide 90 points [2009 vintage]
- 2013 Luca Maroni Guide - 90 points
- 2012 Luca Maroni Guide - GOLD 91 points [2008 vintage]
- 2012 Korea Wine Challenge GOLD
- 2012 Sydney International Wine Competition - Best Trophy Wine (not Australian)
- Top 100 Blue-Gold
Adding product to your cart