Gran Sasso Sangiovese 2019
- Italy, 750ml
“Purple red colour, intense aroma, with scent of black cherry, blackberry, plum and sweet wood notes. Medium-body and very soft wine.”
- Winery: Farnese - Ortona
- Varietal: Sangiovese
- Region: Terre di Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy
- Vintage: 2019
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
Food match: Roast pork, lamb chops & game meat; Prosciutto & salami; pasta with meat sauce; grilled vegetables; semi-aged cheeses.
Grapes are hand-picked and aged for five months in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks before bottling.
Farnese House dates back to 1582, based in Caldora Castle which has been restored and modernized to include offices and underground cellars where a lot of the top wines are aged prior to bottling. Farnese was restructured in 1994 and quickly became one of Italy's leading producers with vineyards in Ortona, Apulia, Basicilata and Campagna.
All wineries have and are producing highly acclaimed wines with two of their wines in the top 10 of the 2010 Luca Maroni Guide. These wines along with all wines from the Farnese group can be described as wines that 'deliver' in every sense of the word with taste, quality and sensible pricing.
- Silver - 2019 Concours International De Lyon (2018 vintage)
- Gold - 2018 Berliner Wein Trophy (2017 vintage)
- Gold - 2018 Mundus Vini Germany (2017 vintage)
- Silver - 2017 AWC Vienna (2016 vintage)
- Silver - 2017 Concours International De Lyon (2016 vintage)
- Gold Medal - 2017 Mundus Vini Germany (2016 vintage)
- Best Italian Producer - 2016 & 2017 Miglior Produttore D'Italia - Luca Maroni
Adding product to your cart