Jameson Black Barrel Irish Whiskey
- Irish Whiskey
- Ireland, 700ml
A superb award winning release from Jameson. On the nose, butterscotch and creamy toffee fudge aroma. On the palate, nutty notes with spice and vanilla sweetness. To finish, rich and intense toasted wood and vanilla.
- Type: Irish Whiskey
- Region: Cork, Ireland
- Alcohol: 40%
- Volume: 700ml
- Goes with: Neat or over ice
Jameson Black Barrel began life when Jameson's masters carefully selected a high proportion of pot still whiskey and a small batch grain whiskey of which a proportion had been matured in double flame charred American bourbon barrels. As the whiskey matures, it develops aromatic notes of charred wood, deep spices and exotic fruit to create the rich and unmistakably smooth Jameson Black Barrel.
The best selling Irish whiskey in the world, Jameson is produced at Midleton distillery in Cork. This famous blend is made with Irish single pot still and grain whiskeys, with tasty variants such as Black Barrel and an 18 year old available.
The Jameson story began back in 1780 when Scottish businessman John Jameson purchased the Bow Street Distillery in Dublin. It wasn't long before his chief brand, Jameson Irish Whiskey, would become internationally popular. The Bow Street distillery was previously producing around 30,000 gallons annually but by the turn of the nineteenth century the distillery was producing over a million gallons. John Jameson was keen to produce the best product possible, sourcing the finest ingredients. Furthermore, John triple distilled his product when most others were double distilled; he believed this produced a smoother product. During the early nineteenth century, John Jameson’s son, John II, expanded the facilities which were, by this time, among the largest in Ireland. John II’s son John III further expanded the brand and when his son John IV came to power at the helm of the Jameson brand, he found himself in charge of a global brand.
- Master - 2019 The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business) - Irish Blended - Super-Premium
- Master - 2018 The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business) - Irish Blended - Premium
- 1st Place - 2015 International Whisky Competition - Best Irish Whiskey
- Gold - 2014 World Whiskies Awards - Irish Blended Whisky No Age Statement
- Winner - 2014 World Whiskies Awards - Best Irish Blend
- Gold - 2020 The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business) - Irish Blended - Super-Premium
- Silver - 2017 The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business) - Irish Blended - Premium
- Bronze - 2013 Malt Maniacs Awards - Daily Dram
- Silver - 2019 International Wine & Spirit Competition - Irish Whiskey - Blended
Adding product to your cart