Jura Seven Wood Scotch Whisky
- Single Malt
- Scotland, 700ml
Caramelised peach, chewy liquorice and candied orange with a hint of sea-spray and smoke. On the nose, an aromatic fusion of coffee, ginger spice and a hint of milk chocolate.
- Type: Single Malt Whisky
- Region: Isle of Jura, Scotland
- Alcohol: 42%
- Volume: 700ml
Goes with: Ice
Jura Seven Wood has been shaped by seven separate Oak woods: first-fill ex-bourbon American White Oak, Limousin, Troncais, Allier, Vosges, Jupilles and Les Bertranges barrels.
The Isle of Jura is a remote island off the West Coast of Scotland, with an ancient landscape of wild mountains, peaceful lochs and stormy seas. It has just one road, one pub, one distillery and a very distinct micro-climate, it’s not an easy place to make whisky but we believe it’s the best. The 30-mile-long and seven-mile-wide island is framed by the wild waters of the Atlantic ocean, with serene bays, rugged coastline and The Corryvreckan, a giant whirlpool as beautiful as it is dangerous. Jura Distillery created our iconic shaped bottle to withstand the perils of such dangerous crossings.
Originally established in 1810, the Isle of Jura Distillery was reborn in 1963 and with it a local community was revived. When looking back at the Island’s humble coastline, a collection of solitary piers and crumbling stone buildings sprouting pink flowers, and a small but perfectly formed collection of white washed homes at the centre of the island’s only village, the distillery’s importance is easy to see. It’s the beating heart of the community, the whisky a source of pride and prosperity for generations to come.
- Bronze - 2022 NZ Spirits Awards
- Bronze - 2021 NZ Spirits Awards
- Bronze - 2020 NZ Spirits Awards - Whisky
- Silver - 2019 International Wine & Spirits competition - Scotch Single Malt - Island
- Bronze - 2019 NZ Spirits Awards - Whisky
- Gold - 2018 San Francisco World Spirits Competition - Single Malt Scotch
- Silver Outstanding - 2018 International Wine & Spirits competition - Scotch Single Malt - Island
Adding product to your cart