Masi Campofiorin Rosso Verona 2017
- Italy, 750ml
This delicious Campofiorin is full bodied, smooth, velvety, approachable & versatile in its food pairings. Combines simplicity with style, strength & elegance.It's deep ruby red in colour. On the nose, ripe cherries and sweet spices. On the palate, rich, full-bodied, intense cherries and berry fruit; good length and soft tannins.
- Winery: Masi
- Varietal: Corvina, Rondinella & Molinara
- Region: Valpolicella (Verona), Italy
- Vintage: 2017
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
- Other: Vegan-friendly, contains sulphites
- Food pairing: Good with pasta dishes dressed with rich sauces (meat or mushrooms); full-blooded grilled or roast red meat, and game. Ideal with well-aged cheese.
This is the original Supervenetian created by Masi in 1964 and internationally recognised as a wine of “stupendous body and complexity”, the prototype for a new category of wines from the Veneto inspired by the Amarone production method (Burton Anderson). Its own production method was described by Hugh Johnson as “an ingenious technique”.
With roots in Valpolicella Classica, Masi produces and distributes Amarone and other premium wines inspired by the values of the Venetian territories.
The use of native grapes and autochthonous methods, and the research and experimentation carried out by its Technical Group, make it one of the most famous producers of high-quality Italian wines in the world.
The Masi story began in 1772, when the Boscaini family acquired prestigious vineyards in the small valley called “Vaio dei Masi”, which is the origin of the company’s name. After more than 200 years of passionate winemaking the company is still in family hands, run by the sixth and seventh generations.
A benchmark in the art of producing Amarone at a world level, Masi constantly innovates and passes on its expertise in the Appassimento method, which has been practised since the time of the Ancient Romans.
For more than forty years, Masi has carried out an ambitious project of development for historic wineries, collaborating with:
- Conti Serego Alighieri, descendants of the poet Dante and owners of the Valpolicella estate with the longest history and tradition
- Conti Bossi Fedrigotti, the prestigious brand from Trentino
- Canevel, producers of top-quality sparkling wines in Valdobbiadene.
- Masi also owns the organically run estates of Poderi del Bello Ovile in Tuscany and Masi Tupungato in Argentina.
The Group makes wines that are recognised and appreciated in more than 120 countries. Masi is also a partner in groups and associations that promote high quality Italian products internationally, such as: Fondazione Altagamma, Comitato Leonardo, Istituto Grandi Marchi, and Amarone Families.
- 91/100 Points - James Suckling
- 92/100 Points - James Suckling (2016 vintage)
- 89/100 Points - Wine Spectator (2016 vintage)
- 90/100 Points - Wine Advocate (2015 vintage)
- 91/100 Points - 2019 Decanter World Wine Awards (2015 vintage)
- 88/100 Points - Wine Spectator (2015 vintage)
- 89/100 Points - The Wine Advocate (2014 vintage)
- Silver - 2017 Korea Wine Challenge (2014 vintage)
- Commended - 2017 Decanter World Wine Awards (2014 vintage)
- 92/100 Points - James Suckling (2014 vintage)
Adding product to your cart