Mezzacorona Trentino 2017
- Pinot Grigio
- Italy, 750ml
Pale yellow. On the nose, complex, with notes reminiscent of ripe fruit (white peach, pear and mature camomile), well-harmonised by the sweet notes which derive from refining in oak. On the palate, harmonious, refined with a fresh and elegant finish.
- Winery: Mezza Corona
- Varietal: Pinot Grigio
- Region: Trentino Riserva DOC, Alto Adige, Italy
- Vintage: 2017
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Food pairing: Light seafood & vegetable based risottos, salads & sauces; fried fish & Fish & Chips; mushroom risotto; Hummus
The Teroldego wine is the most famous among the Trentino wines and rightfully called the royal wine of Trentino. Riserva's are only produced in the best vintages from annually harvested grapes from the best Piana Rotaliana vineyards.
Founded in 1904, and based in the northern Italian wine region of Trentino-Alto Adige, Mezza Corona is today one of Italy’s largest co-operatives with over one thousand associated growers and 3,000 acres of vineyards. Their new sparkling wine production facility is situated on the edge of the Dolomites and both technically and architecturally is the most avante garde in Europe. Mezza Corona produce by way of patient selection the best grapes suitable for high quality wine production, but also by studying and researching of the most advanced growing methods and viticultural techniques. The grape is the principal player; harvested by hand by the associated growers, it is vinified at a constant temperature, matured in barrels and barriques of the highest quality.
- Gold - 2019 Intenational Wine Challenge
- 2018 Berliner Wein Trophy - Gold Medal [2016 vintage]
- 2018 Mundus Vini - Gold Medal [2016 vintage]
- 2015 Wine Spectator 86 points [2011 vintage]
- 2014 Wine Spectator 86 points [2011 vintage]
- 2012 Wine Earth - 90 points
- 2011 Mundus Vini - Gold
- 2011 Sommelier Wine Awards - Silver [2009 vintage]
- 2010 Wine Enthusiast - Best Buy [2008 vintage]
Adding product to your cart