Mezzacorona Teroldego 2015
- Italy, 750ml
Savoury, juicy dark fruit flavours and a dusting of tannins, making this easy and accessible. Jammy with a welcoming layer of spice.
- Winery: Mezza Corona - Piana Rotaliana
- Varietal: Teroldego
- Region: Trentino Riserva DOC, Alto Adige, Italy
- Vintage: 2015
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
Food match: Roast pork & lamb, game meat; stews and Goulash; grilled vegetables; softer, creamy, tasty cheeses
The Teroldego wine is the most famous among the Trentino wines and rightfully called the royal wine of Trentino. Riserva's are only produced in the best vintages from annually harvested grapes from the best Piana Rotaliana vineyards.
Founded in 1904, and based in the northern Italian wine region of Trentino-Alto Adige, Mezza Corona is today one of Italy’s largest co-operatives with over one thousand associated growers and 3,000 acres of vineyards. Their new sparkling wine production facility is situated on the edge of the Dolomites and both technically and architecturally is the most avante garde in Europe. Mezza Corona produce by way of patient selection the best grapes suitable for high quality wine production, but also by studying and researching of the most advanced growing methods and viticultural techniques. The grape is the principal player; harvested by hand by the associated growers, it is vinified at a constant temperature, matured in barrels and barriques of the highest quality.
- Gold - 2019 Intenational Wine Challenge
- 2019 Sommerlier Wine Awards - Silver Medal[2014 vintage]
- 2015 Berliner Wein GOLD & TROPHY [2011 vintage]
- 2014 Luca Maroni Guide 88 points [2010 vintage]
- 2013 Luca Maroni Guide 88 Points [2009 vintage]
- 2012 Sommelier Wine Awards Silver [2008 vintage]
- 2012 Berliner Wine Trophy Silver [2008 vintage]
Adding product to your cart