Neptune Bourbon Cask Aged Rum
- Dark Rum
- Barbados, 700ml
On the nose, maple syrup, fresh apricot and vanilla are followed by prickles of spicy pepper and nutmeg. On the palate, viscous and refined palate is filled with ripe peaches, as well as touches of shredded coconut and green banana. More vanilla is present underneath with a faint hint of returning peppercorn. The finish is medium length and sweet, with caramelised brown sugar.
- Type: Dark Rum
- Region: Barbados, West Indies
- Alcohol: 40%
- Volume: 700ml
- Goes with: Ice
By Neptune's beard - it's Neptune Rum! This is a blend of eight, five and three year aged golden rum distilled from pure sugar cane molasses at Foursquare Distillery on the island of Barbados.
Neptune Rum is distilled in Barbados by Richard Seale, a fourth generation rum master who is at the top of his game and extremely well regarded in the rum world. He owns and runs Four Square Distillery, and is a world aficianado on rum, the captain of the rum industry so to speak. Neptune is currently producing 2,500 bottles every three months, but have the capacity for more.
Neptune is aged in American bourbon oak barrels in the Caribbean, which means the rum matures more quickly, and therefore Neptune Rum three year old has the style and quality of a much older aged rum. Neptune is a totally organic product, and while a lot of modern spirits brands are low in value and in quality, and add flavouring and colouring to their products, Neptune avoid that process.
The Guardians of the Ocean Foundation is a fund that Neptune makes available to support charities and initiatives that meet Neptune's mission; to protect the ocean and waterways from pollution, particularly plastic, and to clean up the shores and coastline of litter.
- Silver - 2020 World Rum Awards - Pot & Column Still Rum
- Double Gold - 2019 Women’s Wine & Spirits Awards
- Gold - 2019 The Rum Masters (The Spirits Business) - Premium Gold Rum
- Gold - 2019 World Rum Awards
- Gold - 2019 - Sommelier Challenge
- Gold - 2019 Los Angeles International Spirits Competition
- Gold - 2019 China Wine & Spirits Awards
- Rum of the Year - 2019 Bartenders Spirits Awards
- Silver - 2019 International Spirits Challenge
- Silver - 2019 The Rum Masters (The Spirits Business) - Gold Rum 8-12YO
- Silver - 2019 - Asian Luxury Master Spirits Business
- Bronze 2019 - London Spirits Competition
- Silver & 92 Points - 2019 New York International Spirits Competition
- Master - 2019 The Design & Packaging Masters (The Spirits Business) - Rum
Adding product to your cart