PASK Declaration Syrah 2014
- New Zealand, 750ml
Deep dark purple with intense black fruits and spicy lift. Rich and weighty with refined elegance and a mouthwatering finish.
- Winery: Pask Winery
- Varietal: Syrah
- Region: Gimblett Gravels, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
- Vintage: 2014
- Alcohol: 13.5% Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Food match: Beef, Game meat, pork, spicy sausage, pizza, Roquefort/bleu-veined cheeses
Pask's Watercourse and Settlement 2 Syrah block fruit were blended to make this Declaration Syrah. Harvested at the end of March. Cold soaking prior to fermentation in closed stainless steel tanks with regular pumping over and post-fermentation maceration for approximately 2 weeks.
Declaration wines are only produced in exceptional vintages from the finest parcels in Pask's vineyards and declared their very best. A total of 480 cases were produced.
Chris Pask's vision for his winery began in the air – flying in the cockpit of his topdressing plane – first saw the potential for growing exceptional grapes in the light, stony soils of the ancient Ngaruroro riverbed. Sheltered from Pacific breezes and several degrees warmer than any other New Zealand wine-growing area, it was in this sun-drenched valley that Chris planted Pask’s first vines thirty years ago.
A prized 1985 Cabernet Sauvignon marked Pask's first vintage and from this modest beginning, the world-renowned Gimblett Gravels wine-growing district was established. More than three decades later, they’re as passionate as ever about making authentic wines to be shared and enjoyed.
Pask's award-winning winemaking team uses sustainable methods to ensure the quality and consistency of their wines. From grape-picking in the winery's 60 hectares of vineyards to bottling at their Hawke’s Bay winery, there is hands-on care throughout the entire winemaking process.
Pask wines have earned gold medals and trophy success in London, Australia, Asia, the United States, Canada and New Zealand across a range of varietals and styles, but innovation is important to Pask. Drawing on the team's winemaking experience and intimate knowledge of Gimblett Gravels, they continue to enhance the quality of their wines, as well as experiment with wine styles and techniques under Pask's “Small Batch” collection.
- Top Autumn Wines - 2020 North & South Magazine
- 5 Stars - 2019 Michael Cooper’s Wine Buyer’s Guide
- 95/100 - 2019 Cameron Douglas, MS “The Shout”
- Silver - 2019 Texsom International Wine Awards
- 4 Stars - 2019 Cuisine Magazine
- Gold - 2017 International Wine Challenge
- Silver - 2017 International Wines & Spirits Competition
- Silver - 2016 Decanter Asia
- 89/100 - 2017 Lisa Perrotti-Brown MW - Robert Parker
- 4 Stars - 2016 Winestate Magazine
- 4 Stars - 2016 Cuisine Magazine
Adding product to your cart