Pasote Blanco Tequila
- Blanco Tequila
- Mexico, 750ml
On the nose, this blanco rewards agave lovers with the ripe essence of the plant itself, roasted to perfection to bring out its herbaceous depths. In the mouth, utterly clean and clear, with an exquisitely soft mouthfeel. Beautifully balanced, crisp, zesty citrus dominates the foreground, unfolding mid-palate to pure succulent blue agave. A surprisingly long, clean finish. The distinctive agave taste deliciously lingers on, flecked with hints of white pepper.
- Distillery: El Pandillo (Felipe Camarena) - Pasote
- Type: Blanco Tequila
- Region: Jalisco, Mexico
- Alcohol: 40%
- Volume: 750ml
- Goes with: Neat or over ice, premium soda
Aztecs were among the most loyal, ferocious fighters in history. Victories and sacrifices were celebrated by drinking the sacred agave plant. This pasote spirit lives on in our matchless Jalisco Highlands tequila. Distilled with pure rainwater, natural spring water and agave grown personally by our master tequilero, this liquid art is distinctively herbal and incredibly pure. From the guerreros who guard each bottle to the exacting effort put into its content, we are certain you will revel in our tribute to warriors everywhere.
Pasote is a line of handcrafted Mexican Tequilas made from pure blue agave by the Camarena family, who have been distilling in Jalisco since the early 19th century. The brand is a tribute to the Aztecs, who were the first to distil agave. Traditional production methods are strictly adhered to by Pasote; the agave is crushed using a mechanical tahona, fermented in stainless steel tanks, and then double-distilled in copper pot stills.
Pasote Tequila is made with agave cooked in a stone oven equipped with steam jets, which ensure the agave is cooked as evenly as possible, cutting down on cooking time and increasing yields. The roasted agaves are also ground and pressed in two different machines, made to master distiller Felipe J. Camarena’s design, which extracts sugars from the plants’ fibres to be fermented into alcohol.
Once distilled, Pasote proofs its Tequila in a slightly unusual manner that distinguishes itself somewhat: using rainwater. It’s collected using a rooftop funnel which Camarena installed himself. About 40% of the water used to proof the Tequila is rainwater, with the other 60% being spring water, You might have noticed that Camarena’s own inventions play a big part at Pasote. There are no autoclaves, no diffusers, no column stills and no other milling equipment. Just Camarena’s own inventions.
- 93/100 Points - 2018 Ultimate Spirits Challenge
- 5 Stars - BevX
- 93/100 Points - The Tasting Panel
- 90/100 Points - Wine Enthusiast
Adding product to your cart