Plantation Pineapple Stiggins' Fancy Rum
- Dark Rum
- Barbados, 700ml
A rich and delicious bouquet, accented by smoky notes and aromas of tropical fruit, pineapple, citrus peel, and a touch of clove. The palate opens with a structured, pleasant sensation of ripe banana, pineapple, and spices layered in a smoky finish.
- Distillery: Plantation
- Type: Dark Rum infused with Pineapple
- Region: Barbados
- Alcohol: 40%
- Volume: 700ml
- Goes with: Neat or over ice
A tribute to the character created by Charles Dickens in the Pickwick Papers, Reverend Stiggins, whose favourite drink was “pineapple rum.”
The barks of Victoria pineapples are infused in Plantation 3 Stars rum, which is then further distilled. Separately, the pineapple fruit is infused in Plantation Original Dark rum. Both distillate and fruit infusion are finally blended together, creating a rich and delicious pineapple bouquet, accented by smoky and clove notes.
Plantation Rum was born out of a long standing relationship between fine Cognac producer Maison Ferrand and some of the best rum distilleries in the Caribbean. Maison Ferrand has always had close relationships with the best distilleries in the Caribbean, selling them their highly prized casks, that had once contained its cognac, to mature their spirits. Throughout these exchanges, Maison Ferrand had the opportunity to discover some very old batches of rum with extraordinary richness and a diversity of aroma and flavour. Available in tiny quantities, Maison Ferrand decided to estate bottle and age these rums that would have otherwise been intended for the personal consumption of the distillery’s cellar master or used to give style to industrial rum blends.
Plantation is now a full range of seven vintage rums and three blended rums made by Ferrand's cellar master. Each rum is the perfect expression of its country of origin, it's terroir and it's distillery.
- Gold - 2019 The Rum Masters (The Spirits Business) - Flavoured Rum
- Gold - 2018 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Gold - 2017 Bahamas Rum Festival - Rum Competition
- Gold - 2017 World Spirits Award 2017
- Gold - 2016 Tales of the Cocktails - Best New Product,
- Gold - 2016 Bar Convent Berlin - Best New Product
- Gold - 2016 Drink Spirits Magazine USA
- Gold - 2015 XPCompetition - Best in Class - Rum
- Silver - 2020 The Rum Masters (The Spirits Business) - Spiced Rum
- Silver - 2019 International Wine & Spirit Competition - Spiced Rum
- 95/100 Points & Extraordinary Ultimate Recommendation - 2018 Ultimate Spirits Challenge
Adding product to your cart