Q Malbec 2019
- Australia, 750ml
Full, rich, packed with dark fruit, dark plums & cherries, hints of chocolate, smooth and velvety style Malbec with the typical Quarisa signature touch of being loaded with flavour.
- Winery: Quarisa Wines
- Varietal: Malbec
- Region: South Eastern Australia
- Vintage: 2019
- Alcohol: 14.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Other: Contains sulphites
- Food match: Lamb, leaner beef & roast pork; turkey; Portobello mushrooms & roasted pepper; bleu-veined, mozzarella & gorgonzola cheeses
The "Q" in Q Malbec stands for Quarisa. John Quarisa. He’s the chap dubbed “The Magician” in some wine circles because how he crafts such full flavoured, amazing value for money South Australian reds leaves some people scratching their heads and many standing up in applause.
Quarisa wines was established by husband and wife team of John and Josephine Quarisa. John Quarisa (Johnny Q) has had a distinguished career as a winemaker spanning 30 years, working for some of Australia’s largest and most successful wineries. He was chiefly responsible for winning the Jimmy Watson and Stodart Trophies in 2004 for his then employer. John has taken this hard earned experience and applied it to producing his own range of affordable wines. Fruit is sourced from several regions in South Eastern Australia, with Langhorne Creek, Padthaway and Wrattonbully fruit featuring predominately in his blends.
- Gold - 2020 Catavinum World Wine & Spirit Competition
- Gold - NZ International Wine Show (2018 vintage)
- Double Gold - China Wine & Spirit Awards (2018 vintage)
- Gold - Catavinum World Wine and Spirit Competition (2018 vintage)
- Gold - International Wine Contest Bucharest (2018 vintage)
Adding product to your cart