Ricasoli Chianti Classico DOCG 2017
- Sangiovese Blend
- Italy, 750ml
Intense ruby red color. On the nose aromas of cherries, apricot with oaky notes. Excellent entry on the palate, well-balanced structure. Persistent and fragrant finish.
- Winery: Ricasoli - Rocca Guicciarda
- Varietal: Sangiovese 90%, Merlot, Canaiolo
- Region: Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG, Toscana, Italy
- Vintage: 2017
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
- Other: Contains sulphites
- Food match: Roast pork, lamb chops & game meat; Prosciutto & salami; pasta with meat sauce; grilled vegetables; semi-aged cheeses
Ricasoli is the most representative wine producer in the Chianti Classico area. With its gentle hills, velvety valleys and thick woodlands of oaks and chestnuts, the 1,200 hectares of property include almost 240 hectares of vineyards and 26 of olive groves.
Ricasoli is the most representative wine producer in the Chianti Classico area. With its gentle hills, velvety valleys and thick woodlands of oaks and chestnuts, the 1,200 hectares of property include almost 240 hectares of vineyards and 26 of olive groves. This creates a continuous succession of colours and hues around the Brolio Castle, which is located within the town limits of Gaiole in Chianti. Since 1993, Baron Francesco Ricasoli has been guiding this central Tuscan company in innovative challenges. This has been done with the deepest respect for his renowned ancestors who have made this territory great, Bettino Ricasoli first and foremost. Francesco Ricasoli, current owner and President of the company, has generated new ideas and concepts to render the vineyards sustainable. The ongoing study of soil types and the clonal selection of the Brolio Sangiovese are among his greatest passions, and he has totally renovated the vineyards and completely mapped them. The new wines are therefore the expression of research carried out with the same scientific rigor of his illustrious ancestor but with a contemporary spirit, like a runner receiving the baton and carrying it forward with renewed energy.
- 92/100 Points - 2020 James Suckling
- 90/100 Points - 2018 Wine Enthusiast (2016 vintage)
- 93/100 Points - 2018 Wine Spectator (2016 vintage)
- 90/100 Points - 2019 I Vini di Veronelli (2016 vintage)
Adding product to your cart