San Marzano TALO 2017
- Italy, 750ml
Ruby red colur enriched with violet hues; opulent bouquet, which hints at ripe cherries and plums, with pleasant notes of cocoa and vanilla; a wine with a remarkable structure, softened by the soothing warmth of the Primitivo grape; the finish offers notes of persistent sweetness.
- Winery: San Marzano
- Varietal: Primitivo
- Region: Puglia, Italy
- Vintage: 2017
- Alcohol: 14%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
Food pairing: Grilled meats & hamburgers; spaghetti Bolognese; pizza; mushrooms & onions; Parmesan
Talo is the surname of one of the winegrowers that has supplied San Marzano for many years. San Marzano recognises the contribution their producers make, with whom they work closely to achieve the best from their land. The outstanding quality of these wines could not be created without them. The vineyard is located in Salento, Puglia at approximately 100 metres above sea level. The soft soil layer is clayey and quite thin, with a good presence of rocks, making it an ideal growing location for vines. The harvest takes place during the second week of September.
The grapes were carefully selected and then underwent temperature controlled fermentation at 25 to 26°C with selected yeasts, lasting approximately 10 days. The wine was matured in French and American wood barrels, for a period of six months.
- Gold - 2019 Mundus Vini (Spring tasting)
- Silver - 2019 Sommeliers Choice Awards
- Gold - 2019 Mundus Vini (Sessione Primaverile)
- Gold - 2019 Korea Wine Challenge
- 90/100 Points & Editor's Choice - 2019 Wine Enthusiast
- Silver - 2019 Singapore International Competition
- Gold - 2019 Monde Selection
- Silver - 2018 International Wine Contest, Bucharest
Adding product to your cart