Sister's Run Epiphany Shiraz 2017
- Australia, 750ml
Full flavoured, mouth filling and generous with sweet blackberry pie-like flavours and sweet milk chocolate mid palate. The finish is soft and long but there is some fresh tannin touches softened by smooth mouth-filling fruit before a really extended finish.
- Winery: Sister's Run - Epiphany
- Varietal: Shiraz
- Region: McLaren Vale, Australia
- Vintage: 2017
- Alcohol: 14.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
Food match: Lamb roast, beef, game meat, pork & pepperoni; tuna & salmon; pizza; BBQ & heavy red sauces; bleu-veined cheeses
This Sister's Run Epiphany Shiraz is grown by Tony Parkinson at his famous McLaren Vale vineyard. Only 9,218 dozen produced.
"Sister’s Run is serious fun. Our talented young winemaker Elena wears steel cap work boots every day of course, but carries a pair of high heels in back of the ute, only for emergencies, like last minute invitations to accept trophies at gala wine show dinners and the like.
Returning from a ‘knees-up’ at midnight, mid vintage, she managed to kick off one high heel and slip back into a boot’ just as the cellar crew cried out, ‘Run Sister Run’; and exactly then our winemaker and label took flight!
The stiletto and boot are Sister’s Run; an independently owned and operated winery with a fierce commitment to making the best wines we can from family vineyards. We don’t take ourselves as seriously as we take our wines, but agree with Elena, all you need to know about wine is the five ‘V’s and remember the best wine is the wine you like.
We hope you enjoy this wine as much as we did making it. Cheers from all at Sister’s Run… Elena, Dani, Rosie, Megan, Jessie, Carolina, Sophie, Stefka, Sophia, and Zar."
- Platinum - 2018 Sommelier International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Gold - 2018 Asia International Wine Competition
- Gold - 2019 China Wine & Spirits Best Value
- Gold - 2019 Women’s Wine & Spirits Awards
- Award Hot 100 Wines - 2018 Adelaide Hot 100
- Silver - 2019 Winemaker Challenge International Wine Challenge (USA)
- Silver - 2018 - Critics International Wine Challenge (USA)
- Silver & 85/100 Points - 2019 China Wine Competition
- Silver - 2018 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- Silver - 2018 AWC Vienna International Wine Challenge
- Silver - 2018 Korea Wine Challenge
- 93/100 Points - James Halliday Wine Companion
Adding product to your cart