Soljans Estate Merlot Blend 2018
- Merlot, Cabernet, Malbec
- New Zealand, 750ml
A medium bodied, easy drinking wine, being predominantly fruit driven with powerful secondary and tertiary characters coming through. Red plum and savoury boysenberry are dominant on the nose, with the oak giving an earthy spice. The palate is smooth and structured with black cherry, cedar and Christmas cake spices, hints of vanilla and toasted coconut too.
- Winery: Soljans Estate
- Varietal: 68% Merlot, 22% Cabernet, 10% Malbec
- Region: Hawke's Bay
- Vintage: 2018
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Other: Contains sulphites, enjoy now to 2024
- Food pairing: Grilled beef, lamb, pork & chicken; burgers; pasta with tomato-based sauces; garlic & mushrooms; mild-medium cheeses
In addition to delicious wines, at their Kumeu winery Soljans have a popular café for Aucklanders and tourists serving Mediterranean-style food with a Kiwi Twist. Also at their Kumeu winery, they offer a perfect, picturesque venue for hosting a wedding or private event with stunning facilities.
Soljans Estate Winery has been Family Owned for three generations, since 1937, making them the third oldest family run winery that is still family run. Their winery sits at the gateway to Kumeu Wine Country, Auckland’s heritage wine region. Soljans grow Pinot Gris, Chardonnay and Pinotage, all varieties which excel in the Kumeu region. They endeavour to make the best possible wines for you to enjoy so they get their grapes from where they grow best. Soljans employ modern wine making technology but will never compromise on quality, so they do still retain some traditional methods. In addition to the French Oak Barrique Barrels they have for ageing wine, Soljans still have and use hand-made, 65 year old, 2,250 litre, magnificent totara barrels for aging their exquisite Founders Tawny Port. Soljans invite you to come in and sample their award-winning wines in the Cellar Door then relax and enjoy our exceptional New Zealand cuisine on offer in their highly acclaimed Café.
- Bronze - 2019 Decanter World Wine Awards
- Commendation - 2017 Decanter Asia Wine Awards (2016 vintage)
- Bronze - 2017 International Wine & Spirits Competition (2016 vintage)
- Silver - 2017 Decanter World Wine Awards (2016 vintage)
- 4 Stars - Raymond Chan (2016 vintage)
- Bronze - 2016 Royal Easter Show
Adding product to your cart