Taittinger Prelude Grand Crus Champagne
- France, 750ml
The brilliant body is pale yellow with silver highlights, the bubbles are fine and form a persistent and delicately creamy ring of foam. The wine is subtle and fresh on the nose. Floral notes with the fragrance of elderflowers and spicy cinnamon undertones. The entry onto the palate is clean and lively, dominated by very exceedingly fresh citrus notes. These segue into much fuller, rounder and silkier flavours where white peaches in syrup predominate. The finish is rich, lingering and bursting with flavour.
- Winery: Taittinger
- Varietal: 50% Chardonnay & 50% Pinot Noir
- Region: Champagne, France
- Vintage: NV
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
- Other: Contains sulphites
- Food match: Lobster, shrimp, shellfish, smoked salmon, caviar, oysters, fried chicken, Brie-style cheeses, fruit-based desserts (tarts and crepes)
Prélude Grands Crus is a joyous blend of finesse and complexity, its balance of freshness and aromatic expression is outstanding. It is composed of Chardonnay (50%) and Pinot Noir (50%) that Taittinger has selected exclusively from the top Grands Crus vineyards classified as “100%” in the Champagne system. Produced only using first press wines, this rare blend offers the finesse and structure that a great wine needs if it to be laid down for any length of time. On the palate, this wine strikes the perfect balance of the instantly minerally Chardonnay and the strongly expressive Pinot Noir. Aged for more than five years in the cellar, the Prélude cuvée is unique for its remarkable youth and great wealth of flavours.
The Soul of a Family Business - The Taittinger family has managed the Champagne House for nearly a century. Its aim has always been the pursuit of excellence. “Having our family name on a bottle places demands and responsibilities on every minute. The name on the bottle conveys both the skills and knowledge of the past and a commitment to the future”. Pierre Emmanuel Taittinger has embodied this commitment for 40 years, and today he shares it with his son, Clovis and his daughter, Vitalie who both work beside him in the day to day running of the Champagne House. Together, they create a very close-knit and complementary family trio.
Pierre-Emmanuel Taittinger is a fervent ambassador for the Champagne region and its history and influence. He is not interested in accolades or power. As he puts it: “We cultivate vines, not egos at Taittinger”. A determined connoisseur, hedonist and humanist, Pierre Emmanuel Taittinger successfully bought back his family’s business from the Starwood Group following their buy out of the business the year before. Winning back the business was an act of duty, carried out in the spirit of family pride. He is surrounded by a young, passionate group of professionals, who work closely with one another as guardians of Taittinger and all that it represents and inspires.
A Legacy, The Destiny of a Dynasty - The vitality and reach of the Taittinger brand is based on the values of those who embody it today. These values are inherited from those who created the Champagne House. Over three generations, a number of people have left their mark on the history, spirit and style of Taittinger and, beyond that, on the image of Champagne itself. Vision, inspiration, strategy, development and influence have all contributed to permanently shaping the destiny of the family and the reputation of the Champagne House.
- 93/100 Points - Wine Enthusiast
- 90/100 Points - Antonio Galloni, Vinous
- Gold - 2020 The Champagne & Sparkling World Wine Awards
- Silver - 2020 Decanter World Wine Awards
- Bronze - 2020 International Wine Challenge
- Commended - 2019 Sommelier Wine Awards
- Bronze - 2019 Decanter World Wine Awards
- Bronze - 2019 International Wine Challenge
- Silver - 2018 The Champagne & Sparkling World Wine Awards
- Commended - 2018 Sommelier Wine Awards
- Bronze - 2018 Decanter World Wine Awards
- Silver - 2018 International Wine Challenge
- Silver - 2017 International Wine & Spirits Competition
Adding product to your cart